Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Prior to the Contest Sign ups, HNI convicts poacher >

Prior to the Contest Sign ups, HNI convicts poacher

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Prior to the Contest Sign ups, HNI convicts poacher

Old 07-11-2008, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Prior to the Contest Sign ups, HNI convicts poacher

I was our team's captain and also voted to DQ. Rob handled the matter very well IMO. It was a shame that he took so much abuse over the whole thing, but as Germ said, there was a clique that wanted to beat up Rob and they did, no more than that. The pictures were a joke. I'm glad to see he got what he had coming.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:14 AM
Dominant Buck

If you've got two sets of pictures of the same deer.........and in one you've got a rifle laying across him.....and the other you've got a bow......

You "might" be a F-in liar.

(cliff's notes)
Old 07-11-2008, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

Well I was a captain and voted to DQ the little SOB

The issue was not about the kid with Rob, it was about a clique/Groupies(and you know who you are) who does not like Rob. Instead of looking at a deer with it's eyeball hanging out and parts of face blown off you choose to beat up Rob. If I were you boys would I be proud[8D]

I think a "Go Pound Sand" is called for the Groupies
For the life of me ..... I can't imagine why anyone would not like Rob!!! Call me a kiss butt if you want .... his position aside, I don't know ANYONE on this site that opens his life up for the benefit of others in the archery world. He is a gentleman and a stand up guy. I know some of you will rail on me for this, but I could care less ......go pound sand, as a certain well respected HNI'er just said...
Old 07-11-2008, 07:21 AM

Didn't know anything about the situation. I wouldn't have expected it from the person who done it, but glad he got what he deserved along with it snowballing to his hunting buddies. Rob and others involved way to go on getting him what he deserved and for having the broad shoulders to carry all the crap that came your way.

PT, I agree. The little bit that I have been here, I have a lot of respect for Rob.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I remember the little eye popping out as well. I am glad he was eventually caught in his lies from the people that matter the most. Nice post Rob! Thanks for updating us with this information. That also reminds me that I need to chang emy avatar since we lost and I can't be on the same team anymore.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dont feel bad guys, i was a captain and i still didnt know about it. Thats ok though id rather stay out of it...
Old 07-11-2008, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Huh, I knew nothing about it....tho I remember vague references to it & not knowing what was talked about.

The sad part about it, if he was not such an idiot, nobody would have known. Thankfully, only a smal percentage of the population can brag about something like that afterward....most of us have a relatively uniformsense of right and wrong.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:10 AM
Bartender

Part of a former member digging his own grave.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2469626&mpage=4&key==

ORIGINAL: Germ

Well I was a captain and voted to DQ the little SOB

The issue was not about the kid with Rob, it was about a clique/Groupies(and you know who you are) who does not like Rob. Instead of looking at a deer with it's eyeball hanging out and parts of face blown off you choose to beat up Rob. If I were you boys would I be proud[8D]

I think a "Go Pound Sand" is called for the Groupies
Old 07-11-2008, 08:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey guys, thanks for the the kind words but this isn't about me. I did very little except take the advice of all the captains, admins and moderators and I for one am very thankful for (username) that took it to the next level and had him prosecuted.

Again, this isn't about me, I just thought maybe you'all would like the update and what doing the right thing that (username) did when he didn't have to. We should never tolerate cheaters, liars nor poachers. If we're not part of the solution, we are part of the problem.

Every now and again, I have issues too, I'm human and not a king [8D] however I try to learn from then just like everyone else. There are a ton of people here whom I really enjoy reading their posts and many that I try to learn from not only to enrich my life but to enrich my hunting.

Keep on keepin on..LOL

ps. Sucker that I am, I should have the sign up post for the contest this weekend, probably Sunday so watch for it, spread the word.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I should have the sign up post for the contest this weekend, probably Sunday so watch for it, spread the word.

You li'l ol' masochist you!

Quick Reply: Prior to the Contest Sign ups, HNI convicts poacher

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.