Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Your one piece of Golden hunting advice. >

Your one piece of Golden hunting advice.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your one piece of Golden hunting advice.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:44 AM

Default Your one piece of Golden hunting advice.

If you could only offer one piece of advice or one thing that you have learned through the years of hunting to someone, what would that little gem be.
#1 Equipment related
#2 Hunting style, tactic, or attitude (the mental side)

My equipment advice would be to take your time and research the products you intend to purchase as much as you can and don't skimp on quality if you know you will be unhappy with the lesser.

As far as the mental side I would say get out as much as you can and seize the day as it may just be your last. I have been reminded of this fact too many times recently.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your one piece of Golden hunting advice.

Be part of the woods you hunt, not just a spectator who clangs around his metal tree-stand, leaves trash behind, and generally smells like body odor from here to BFE.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Biggest thing I think alot of guys just don't "get" because they have been brainwashed by too many companies selling "magic juice". If you aren't hunting in an area that actually holds a deer you consider to be a "trophy" - you won't kill one!
Old 07-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Be thourough. Both with equipment and mentally. From the preparation for your huntto the the butchering, don't half step anything. DO IT RIGHT!
Old 07-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Aim, BREATHE, Release
Old 07-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Equipment: Practice, practice and more practice!!!!!

Hunting: Learn your woods or hunting ground!!!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Site Bouncer

Have fun...........
Old 07-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Biggest thing I think alot of guys just don't "get" because they have been brainwashed by too many companies selling "magic juice". If you aren't hunting in an area that actually holds a deer you consider to be a "trophy" - you won't kill one!
Love it....lol.

Mine would be....if you know the deer you're after is using a certain area.....do everything within your power to be in that area as much as possible. I almost imploded last year when I couldn't hunt a Sunday (illegal)....and I'd seen my buck on Friday and Saturday in that woodlot.

A good friend of mine said....."When skating on thin ice....speed is of the essence".

When you have a good deer patterned/located......GET IN THE WOODS. A year is an awfully long time to wait for another "chance".

Have fun...........
I hear ya BigJ.....What I described above IS/was "fun".
Old 07-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Equipment: Don't go out and buy a new bow every year. Your wife and children will respect your hunting endeavors more if you use that money on them.

Hunting: Thank God every time you get to watch the sun rise from 20ft up a tree. (Then, thank him again when you make it home safely to your family) The deer you take is just an added blessing from HIM. Never forget, without HIM, you are nothing.

LT

Quick Reply: Your one piece of Golden hunting advice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.