Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why no more Carbon bows??? >

Why no more Carbon bows???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why no more Carbon bows???

Old 07-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Why no more Carbon bows???

A buddy of mine shoots a couple year old HCA Carbon Bow and I have always liked it!
It is soooo light which to me is aGREAT feature! It is not hardly loud and shoots good!! No hand shock from what I remember from shooting it a few times?

So I ask why has this concept not taken off?? I mean it looks like HCA has even stopped making there carbon line of bows???? What are the pros/cons of them that anyone can think of??

Another question.... if they offered a carbon riser model in your last bow purchase would you have considered buying one? That is if they carried the same Warranty as standard model bow?

Old 07-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Why no more Carbon bows???

Not sure about all the reasons for not making a carbon bow? I shoot a HCA carbon four runner. It is extremely light. I bought it back in 2000 and still shoot it today. I haven't really even had a problem with it, taken plenty of deer with it also. It's hard to buy another one because....if it isn't broke, don't fix it!
Old 07-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wait until those carbon bows have something wrong with them. They don't have parts available for them any more.They will offer you an upgrade to one of their new bows......... at a discounted price of course.

Had a customer come in with one of their carbon riser bows for work. I shipped it HCAand after several weeks of not hearing fromthem I called them to find this out.The customersuddenly had to pay $400+ for a new bow. []
Old 07-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

BigBulls~~ What was wrong with the bow that could not be repaired?? Is it something from it being carbon or was it a problem that can occur with any bow??
Old 07-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

It was just something that could happen with any bow. I forget what it was now but I don't remember it being anything specific to the riser. I only shipped it back becauseI am not a HCA delaer and did not have any HCA parts on hand to fix what it was. It was several months ago.

HCA just does not have any replacement parts availablefor these bows.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thx BB I was wondering!

I just wonder if there is any REAL problem as to why they decided to not pursue the carbon idea??
Old 07-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have seen a few that had problems with the area of the riser where the sights and rest mount not being perfectly flat like they should bebut I have never heard of any structural problems with the carbon risers.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Spike

My number one bow is a HCA carbon 4 runner, I have shot numerous "NEW" bows and liked most of them. A select few shot as well as my 4 runner and none of them were as light!! Until something disasterous happens to my carbon 4 runner, I just can't justify spending all that money for a "NEW" bow. If HCA started building carbon 4 runner bows again, I would buy one in a minute. I think it is a valid question you have and sorry I dont have an answer for you, but like you, I am a fan of carbon bows!!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wonder if it has anything to do with their warranty for 3 grains per pound arrows. Maybe they need the mass from aluminum risers to soak up all that excess energy and keep them from giving you hand buzz.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Light bows don't hold as well.....

Quick Reply: Why no more Carbon bows???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.