Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Predator Camo

Old 07-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Predator Camo

What can I compare wolfskin to? It sounds like goretex and ripstop put together. Do you think that brown deception would be effective from early season all the way through late season (which ends in Feb)? And is it warm?
Old 07-08-2008, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Kamil

What can I compare wolfskin to? It sounds like goretex and ripstop put together. Do you think that brown deception would be effective from early season all the way through late season (which ends in Feb)? And is it warm?
Personally, I think any of the colors mentioned would work fine for the entire season.

The Wolf Skin is not warm in itself. I have an uninsulated outfit that works great for early season.

The other set I have is lined with wind barrier, and I layer under it depending on temps. I have found this allows me to get the maximum usage from my camo.

When I had an insulated outfit there were too many times the temps were just too mild to wear it and it was not getting much use.

Dan
Old 07-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

Its like Saddle cloth but much better.. Not goretex or ripstop, this is synthetic and breaths and sheds water and dries quickly.

Or If you want, do what I did, I was wearing the Predator Fall Gray cotton stuff from Predator for years and I bought a wolf skin ball capfrom greywolf woolens in Fall Brown.. That way for cheap, you can test drive the material, I hunted two seasons with that hat in rain, snow and hot sun and wolf skin won me over. So this year I bought a custom pair of pants and jacket in Fall Brown all unlined since my group chases elk around on foot here in the Eastern Slopes of the Canadian Rockies.. Cotton Kills in the mountains and for me it was worth every penny for the gray wolf gear.. It will last me forever but I fear I will add to my gear with more purchases...

Beleive everything Greg says about the material, garments and service from Grey Wolf.

Cheers.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Typical Buck

How warm is the unlined? If I wear some under armour underneath it and a sweater or fleece will I be able to keep warm? I wanna have a light, durable, flexible garment that will keep me warm.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

How warm is the unlined? If I wear some under armour underneath it and a sweater or fleece will I be able to keep warm? I wanna have a light, durable, flexible garment that will keep me warm.
I like the Wind Barrier but that's just me. I am sure if you purchase it a little big you would be able to layer underneath and stay warm in all but brutal weather.

Dan
Old 07-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

Here is a picture that my trail camera got of meas I walked a little to close to it after getting down from my stand.I'm wearing the Fall Gray pattern.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rutt

Here is a picture that my trail camera got of meas I walked a little to close to it after getting down from my stand.I'm wearing the Fall Gray pattern.

Where?? I don't see a hunter!

Honestly, Predator is a very effective Camo pattern.

Dan
Old 07-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rutt

Fall gray looks good there [8D]