Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting time off >

Hunting time off

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting time off

Old 07-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Hunting time off

This gets brought up from time to time, but with summer half way over, I figure now is another good time to bring up HUNTING TIME OFF. Plus I just turned in my final requests off.

Besides my 9 day September elk trip, I am looking forward the 1st couple weeks of November. I will be able to spend 12 out of 17 days hunting between Halloween & November 16th.

On the flip side of that, this season will also be the first where I likely won’t get in any (or VERY little) weekday hunting after work. The primary reason being my day to day work schedule, and me just not wanting to put forth the huge effort it takes to scramble around to squeeze hunting time in. I think I’ll be better served relaxing and focusing on my full days afield.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hunting time off

I have a unique situation......in that I live 15 minutes from my office...and also have to travel to my project sites from time to time (every week).

I choose to take my vacation time with my family.....during non-hunting times (but it doens't always work out that way). We've been to Mexico, already.....going back, there, in October (for a week DURING bow season).....and we'll probably do Canada this fall, as well.

"Unique"....becasue I can hunt some mornings without taking vacation time. I can also get out early some evenings to do the same....and I can hunt EVERY evening until the time changes.

When I knew the time was right and the buck I was after was frequenting the area I could kill him in.....I was in a tree, there, every morning (legal). I'm lucky to be able to do this. As a youger man.....I wouldn't have been afforded that luxury.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am off the 1st and 3rd weeks of September for our elk and mulies trips. I may take off the 3-7 in November but we'll see how it plays out.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a good season to me...

I too am getting ready to put my time off in, thanks to my work schedule I'm going to be able to have every friday off from mid Sept to Nov. I'm also planning to take 2 weeks off, either last of Oct & first of Nov, or first 2 of Nov.

I also get a lot time w/ the family too, taking a week in Aug, plus I have every other firday off year round so we take many 3 day trips...
Old 07-03-2008, 08:43 AM

I leave Friday morning for family vacation, so I've got that out of the way. And thanks to the holiday, I needed to burn but 1 day of vacation to do it. And, with my years of service, I increased to 21 days of vacation this year.

With that, I took off Sept 15 (opening day), every Monday in October, and I'm off from Nov. 5-16. With about 6 days left to schedule.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am off October 23rd-November 13th. I will be working 7-4 until the 23rd so that I can hunt every night. When I get back I will be working 11-8 or 12-9 so that I can hunt the mornings for the rest of the season. My main spot is less than 5 miles from work so I plan on getting out a lot unless I tag out early.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

I just 'might' be off Nov 13th - Dec 14th this year. But more than likely, I'll work 6-10 days in that period.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a total of 42 paid days off per year. I use about 30 of them hunting. This year I may take 2 weeks to hunt Ohio so I can take my nephew and maybe get a shot at one of those big deer I hear about. That is still being researched. If I do I have to cancel my 1 week muley hunt.
I also have the week from Christmas to New Years off with pay and I'll be in a stand every day Good Lord wiiling and the creek don't rise!
Old 07-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will be off hunting from November 1st until about November 20th this year. Bring it on!

Quick Reply: Hunting time off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.