Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who has a trespassing problem? >

Who has a trespassing problem?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who has a trespassing problem?

Old 07-03-2008, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who has a trespassing problem?

I had one tresspaser and thats all... He killed a deer on our land to... .
Old 07-03-2008, 07:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Kind of a different situation in my neck of the woods. There are a couple of large landowners who can't seem to read a POSTED sign.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had a trespasser last year and followed his tracks (because their was snow on the ground) back to his house and stopped and gave him a earfull and left. Haven't had any problems since..well at least none that I know of.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:34 AM
Dominant Buck

I have a trespassing problem. I'm the only person allowed to hunt the lands I hunt, legally. The main culprits are relatives of my principle landowner. He doesn't want them on his land.

BUT.....if I go to him complaining about trespassers.....I fear he'll put an end to ALL hunting....citing it being too much of a hassle to deal with.

So....I'm stuck.

I came up with a plan. These guys have made it so bad for the local landowners....that many of them have done just what I thought they would. They've said NO to ALL hunting. What I'm in the process of doing, now.....is getting permission slips from these landowners that give me exclusive rights to hunt their lands.....WITH THE DISCLAIMER that I won't hunt it, at all.

What this will allow me to do (since I hunt the adjacent lands, WITH permission) is police their properties....and maybe assure that the trespassing is kept to a minimum. By saying no to everyone.....these landowners have given the trespassers sole rights to their lands, unknowingly.

I'm hopingto change that a little.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: racewayking
I thought my honeyhole was safe until today when MECHDOC and I pulled some trail cam pics. I have named this little bastard "Dances With Buzzcut"

Wow!
A child in your hunting place - that's a little offensive???!!![]

I wonder if any of us have kids or nephews/nieces thats been known to do something they shouldn't have or be somewhere they shouldn't be. I can understand, say, a 16+ year old knowing better, but WOW!
Maybe even think back to when we were children and playing "army" or "cowboys and indians" in the woods wasn't so offensive?

In NH, with a motto like "live free or die" the law for trespassing is this...
You must post your land EVERY 50' and sign and date it EVERY year to consider it trespassing.
Also NH has different classification's on "current use property tax breaks" from the state, so if the land owner wants one of the lowest tax breaks, they have to let citizens have access to it and can not post it as "no trespassing".

To answer your question.. No I don't like trespassers.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Question should be who dont have problems with tresspassers.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Edcyclooedia-This kid tried to steal tha camera off the tree so I don't care how the heck old the little thief is. The property is posted and his parents should have instilled values in him. Perhaps in your family and social circle it is ok to trespass and steal, it is not in mine regardless of age.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use snare traps, and hidden electric fence wire. Not enough to kill anyone. Just enough to mame and cripple them so they will still be there when I return.

LT
Old 07-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Similar problems.....

Landowner has some farmers farming his land....the sons of the 1 farmer we beleive trespasss and hunt. Caught em coming out in a golfcart to hunt once, bow and all, was int eh stand, they rode off. landowner may make a call, etc...tells us the BS of oh ya they shouldnt, their daddy told them not to. Well that isn't working! Then the 1 neighbor who everyone has a problem with actually seems to be a relatively good guy, actually tells you it straight like it is, vs lying etc....says he doesnt hunt our land, no reason to really either, has 200acres across the road to hunt and shoots anything that moves on his 10acres. So thats the problem with him, shooting yearling bucks, basically won't shoot a doe.

Also the landowner allows horses to ride all over this property, if not him, his caretaker could care less, lets them walk all over, as well as his family seems to come and set up camp all summer long.

I'm ready to move on, the old man wants to salvage what we have, I don't see it getting better.

I need to hit the lotto and buy a 1000 acres. Or if anyone else wants to team up and set some rules and regs and live by them, let me know. part of me thinks 10 guys each sharing a piece would be aewsome, but then you've got whether or not to allow kids/friends to hunt, as well whats a shooter, might be hard to get a consensus with 10guys, also 10 guys arguing about where to cut/place crops etc....food plots.

can't happen soon enough I tell ya!

Old 07-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Typical Buck

I have problems with a neighbor of my hunting land (2.5 hour drive from where I live, so it's hard to police) who kills 20 - 30 deer a year, in and our of season. The deer never really get relaxed, even at the beginning of bow season. He doesn't really know me, so I parked a small trailer on the land that looks like it was decorated by Charles Manson on acid. Hoping it makes him stop and think who he's messing with and pissing off.

Oh, and I sleep in the trailer when I hunt, because it's so convenient, and make sure I occassionally leave stuff in and around teh trailer, so he knows someone's using it at least occassionally.

Quick Reply: Who has a trespassing problem?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.