Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fenced in hunt - Pig roast to follow >

Fenced in hunt - Pig roast to follow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fenced in hunt - Pig roast to follow

Old 07-02-2008, 11:06 AM

Default RE: Fenced in hunt - Pig roast to follow

good way to check out your rig b-4 real huntn season starts. go 4 it

Old 07-02-2008, 03:14 PM

Maybe I am misunderstanding something. Are you talking about going to a large ranch and actually hunting supposed "wild" hogs then having a party afterward, Going to small operation where you will be shooting a hog in a small fenced in area and pretending you are hunting then having party or are you talking about going to someones farm and shooting a pig then having a pig roast?

If it's the first one and you can afford the money and have a shot at taking a decent hog in a fairly natural environment and get to keep it then I would say sure go for it. But if its either of the other two than I would say no unless you have the money to throw away. I don't have anything against it really, I just think almost $300 is a lot of money to have a pig roast is all.

From what I can gather current hog prices in MI are around $45 per 100 lbs. For 275 bucks you best be shooting a 500 lb pig!

I bet if you went to a farm and asked if you could shoot a pig for 200 bucks they would coral one out for you and say "have at it.".

Paul
Old 07-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Banned

have a blast, get some meat - no hunting going on though
Old 07-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've killed 2 russian boars on fenced in hunts in my last 22 years....my first boar was with recurve when i was 12 years old....So I did learn alot from this....I'm going to go for the POT BELLY PIG roast hunt boys....I'm not looking to complain about the hunt itself because I already know the results......I'm going to go and have some fun with my buddies.....which brings be to my next issue.........I'm a bow guy all the way...and want to test a new head....but.....I've killed with my 44 mag....part of me wants to take my new Springfield XD 45....But I better be close....At 980 fps....pretty slow....but the 200 gr. hollow point should make its mark!
Old 07-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pm me your e-mail address Brian
Old 07-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

go have a blast and enjoy your pig roast!!
Old 07-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting tip for fenced hog hunting: Tie a string on the end of your arrow and attach a corn cob on the end. Hide in the bushes, stick your arrow thru and wiggle the cob. When the pig comes, WHAM, let him have it!

Let me know if it works lol

Old 07-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

go its a lot of fun! ive hunted pigs inside a fence b4, its more humane than a slaughter house
Old 07-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Have some fun, it's the off season!!

Enjoy it for what it is.
My thoughts exactly!!

Enjoy it and have Fun!!

Dan
Old 07-06-2008, 12:09 AM

why do you care what i think????? just go have fun with your buddies !! Hog hunting is fun and tough!!! I've been on hunts where you don't see the fence.... 5- 10k arces fenced in rattlesnakes and all!! real hunting !! just go have fun!!!

Quick Reply: Fenced in hunt - Pig roast to follow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.