Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 first aid prepardness ??/ >

first aid prepardness ??/

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

first aid prepardness ??/

Old 06-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: first aid prepardness ??/

I carry a couple bandaids and stuff(for little boo boos), but if you've patched as many holes as I have, you can pretty much keep anything from becoming a catastrophy with what's at hand. If I were REALLY remote I'd carry a full fledged first aid kit.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Electrical tape?!!? C'mon, guys! Join the ranks of professional rednecks and replace that garbage with camo duct tape.

A few bandaids, a couple of sterile pads, roll of camo duct tape (for real. It's not just for first aid) tube of antibiotic ointment and a cell phone that I keep turned OFF unless I was in a fix where I really need help.
Camo duct tape and arm hair do not play well together....
Old 06-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tuco would know this all to well He is the harriest guy i have ever met [8D]
ORIGINAL: kingvjack

Electrical tape?!!? C'mon, guys! Join the ranks of professional rednecks and replace that garbage with camo duct tape.

A few bandaids, a couple of sterile pads, roll of camo duct tape (for real. It's not just for first aid) tube of antibiotic ointment and a cell phone that I keep turned OFF unless I was in a fix where I really need help.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

Tuco would know this all to well He is the harriest guy i have ever met [8D]
ORIGINAL: kingvjack

We used to have a guy in deer camp that was so hairy we told him we had to put velcro on the toilet seat to keep him from crappin on the wall...
Old 06-30-2008, 10:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

No. You gotta be tough to be a redneck though. [8D] You can tear it into strips whatever width you want. Even make butterfly bandages if you need to.

One thing that duct tape does a heckuva lot better than electrical tape is hold the seat of your pants together when they rip out. I've had to use it for that a few more times than I've needed to use it to patch my hide back together. Those cold breezes really put a damper on a hunt.[:-]

Or tape together a rip in your ground blind.

Run a band around the cuffs of your pants to keep the ticks out, if you get into them.

Scuff the paint on your stand and have bright shining metal glaring out? Slap a strip of the camo tape over it.

All kinds of things to use it for that electrical tape just won't handle.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

No. You gotta be tough to be a redneck though. [8D] You can tear it into strips whatever width you want. Even make butterfly bandages if you need to.

One thing that duct tape does a heckuva lot better than electrical tape is hold the seat of your pants together when they rip out. I've had to use it for that a few more times than I've needed to use it to patch my hide back together. Those cold breezes really put a damper on a hunt.[:-]

Or tape together a rip in your ground blind.

Run a band around the cuffs of your pants to keep the ticks out, if you get into them.

Scuff the paint on your stand and have bright shining metal glaring out? Slap a strip of the camo tape over it.

All kinds of things to use it for that electrical tape just won't handle.
I leaned something tonight.... There's more to camo duct tape than I could have imagined.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:25 PM
Bartender

Yes I carry a real nice one that is made by the company I work for. They just contracted out to a new company for our kits so they let me have most of the older ones that were replaced. I donated some to the boy scouts
and to the kids softball and baseball leagues in my area.
I really make sure I have one with me when gun season comes around but thank gosh have not really needed it.
I actually still have 4 of these kits left and if I get off my lazy butt I can go over to some of our other buildings
and snag a few more.

T
Old 06-30-2008, 11:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well snag one for me there Peak!
Old 06-30-2008, 11:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm pretty much all about safety, if you have a product thats available to the bowhunting market that is easy to carry, serves a hunting purpose, and isn't crap,
I'll help you market it...
Old 06-30-2008, 11:48 PM
Bartender

Done
ORIGINAL: JFergus7

Well snag one for me there Peak!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.