Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A few more.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default A few more.

This makes my mouth water...

Old 06-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A few more.

WOWZER!!!
Old 06-28-2008, 06:10 PM

Okay, where are they getting these made?
Old 06-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

In my 30 whatever years of hunting, I've never seen so many whitetails with 30"+ spread's. Which I might add, are almost unheard of!Come on guys, you can't be that gullible can you?
Old 06-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

These were all entered in the Big Buck Contest of Simmons Sporting Goods of Bastrop Louisiana. You can see more at simmonssportinggoods.com Just scroll down and look in the left column for the Brag/Big Buck Contest. They gave away a Truck to the winner last season.

LT
Old 06-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

They gave away a Truck to the winner last season.

LT
Yeah see that early in.... nobody would cheat to win some crummy prize like that!

I seriously had no earthly clue that LA had deer like that... I don't know where they came from....because most of the states around it are not really known for huge bucks (save TX... but not that part of TX and its a big place). Some pretty deer in there.... break out the 3/16" drill and give 'em the sniff test!
Old 06-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most of these are taken in East Louisiana on the Miss. River Delta or in that general part of the state. There are a few other Parishes that produce year after year because of all the Agriculture/Food Sources.

LT
Old 06-29-2008, 01:42 AM
Fork Horn

Louisiana Tomkat, correct me if I'm wrong, but the deer doesn't have to be killed in Louisiana to enter the contest does it? Isn't it possible to kill a buck in Saskatchewan and enter it in a certain class?

On, a more direct note, I know of at least a dozen 160+ bucks that were killed in a neighboring state other thanTexasthis past season. Most with rifles, but there were a couple killed with bows. There for a while it seemed like every day a 160+" buck was being killed.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

They gave away a Truck to the winner last season.

LT
Yeah see that early in.... nobody would cheat to win some crummy prize like that!
I didn't say anything about cheating in reguards to these bucks. I'm talking about the way they were photographed. They were made to look much larger than they actually are. They are all great bucks, no doubt, but when they're held way out in front of the personlike that, it makes them "appear" much larger/wider than they are. That's all I was getting at.