Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wild thing or 11.5" Octane?? >

Wild thing or 11.5" Octane??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wild thing or 11.5" Octane??

Old 06-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wild thing or 11.5" Octane??

I am curious as to your opinions on these two stabilizers. I'm thinking of getting one of these for hunting with my Marquis, i will also probably be using a Octane 1 piece quiver.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mat
Old 06-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Wild thing or 11.5" Octane??

It's not the looks,... it's the balance with the stabilizer. I went with an 8 ounce Wild thing. Plus, I don't have to take it off to put my bow in a case. Plus, it was the same Hardwoods HD as my bow camo.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

It's not the looks,... it's the balance with the stabilizer. I went with an 8 ounce Wild thing. Plus, I don't have to take it off to put my bow in a case. Plus, it was the same Hardwoods HD as my bow camo.
That's what I wanted people to answer. which one they thought would balance the bow best?
Old 06-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Dominant Buck

I personnaly have never shot your bow. My grip and pressure point is different than yours. I can't begin to give you the ultimate advice about which is better. My bow shop let me open whatever packages I wanted if he didn't have one sitting around and try several. You shoot each one a half dozen times and you will find one that just tells you you've found the one.Don't go by looks so much as different weights. Try a 6, 7 and 8 ounce of similiar lengths. You'll get a feel for what your bow needs. Plus, hunting and target shooting are different. Everything I do is geared to bowhunting whitetails. My back up bow has a Sims enhancer with a 2 inch shorty stuck in the end of it. That's what it took to make it feel the best and quiet.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:26 AM
Typical Buck

I know nothingabout the Octane but do have a Wildthing and really like it. It helps with noise andhand shockand also does a good job stabilizing.