Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you feel your 3d animal target helps you prepare? >

Do you feel your 3d animal target helps you prepare?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you feel your 3d animal target helps you prepare?

Old 06-26-2008, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you feel your 3d animal target helps you prepare?

I've got 4 3-d targets in the back yard ranging from a deer, black bear, coyote and a turkey and I certainly beleive the practice that I do on them helps in my ability to place a shot while hunting. I think it also helps me be able to range the given species while hunting, without the use of a range finder.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never have used one. I just cannot just the price, and pain of moving around a 3d target.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

On shot placement from ground or treestand it helped me. Not that it's for everyone. Jmho
Old 06-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

My dad purchased a black bear from R&W targets before his Canada black bear hunt and he went 2 for 2. I really got into shooting the local 3-D circuit and I'm putting together my own personal range. It's cheaper to shoot those targets than drive 30 to 50 miles one way and pay $12 to shoot. I'm currently up to 6 targets and picking 3 more up tommorrow.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Typical Buck

I find it harder to shoot at a cirle at 20 yards than a derr traget at 20 yards. Maybe a personal preference.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:41 PM

I believe it helps w/the shot placement for the physical aspect of the deer body. I also set up those actual 2'x3' pics of deer. those I start shooting towards dusk to get used to the actual body hair color.
A friend of mine told me of a practie technique he uses near fall. Instead of shooting a whole bunch of arrows, he goes out in the morning/evening, & shoots only one arrow. making it count like the real thing. Afterall, you usually only get one chance.try to make the shot as challenging as possible, thru narrow lanes, between bushes, etc. Helped me prepare.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Fork Horn

Hopefully, 3d is helping me prepare for the season. We have beento several 3d shoots; and I hope they are helping me.

2008 is my second season, and all the practice/help I can get is great!
Old 06-27-2008, 02:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am absolutely convinced the more realistic you make your practice..... the better your in-the-field results will be. Shooting enough at foam deer every year has me on autopilot when the real deal steps in front of me.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:12 AM

Dang looks like im spending more money! I don't know if I can convince my wife anymore that this is cheaper than shooting our guns all the time.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:18 AM
Typical Buck

Another thing I like to do is to go to local 3d shoots without a rangefinder and estimate the distance of the targets. Note this can be very costly if you're not good at judging distance. I was doing this to practice for my elk hunt because you don't always have time to pull the rangefinder out.

Quick Reply: Do you feel your 3d animal target helps you prepare?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.