Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Sometimes not knowing is better than knowing...... >

Sometimes not knowing is better than knowing......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sometimes not knowing is better than knowing......

Old 06-26-2008, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sometimes not knowing is better than knowing......

Thanks quicksilver for stabbing me in the heart with the crushing stats below. I never saw them before today. Boy o boy Northern Virginia is a hotbed for big bucks! Maybe I should cross over to Maryland to hunt every now and then......The Northern Virginia stats when looked at the first time could make a grown man crumble. Not I, I will sleep in the woods in a pit blind to achieve success if necessary! I WILL kill the only P and Y buck to ever set foot on my hunting ground.........it may be when I am in heaven

Old 06-26-2008, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Sometimes not knowing is better than knowing......

i feel the same way poor poor pennsylvania. it says 3-10 in both counties i hunt. hard to believe.....must be a mistake lol look to the west WOW!
Old 06-26-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, you might as well give up hunting

I live in Ohio in one of the worst counties and we average less than 5 "trophy" bucks per year also. Of course, I know quite a few that have never been officially measured
Old 06-26-2008, 09:54 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I remember like 15-20 years ago when they brought in "Florida Strain" largemouths to VA and placed them in some of our reservoirs to get some bigger bass....maybe they could do that with say "Iowa strain whitetails" or "Wisconsin strain whitetails"
Old 06-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

No entries for Lycoming County[&:] Let's get on it Rob and Ben
Old 06-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have never seen that before but it is very interesting. Explains alot about the property I hunt in West Virginia.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Thanks quicksilver for stabbing me in the heart with the crushing stats below. I never saw them before today. Boy o boy Northern Virginia is a hotbed for big bucks! Maybe I should cross over to Maryland to hunt every now and then......The Northern Virginia stats when looked at the first time could make a grown man crumble. Not I, I will sleep in the woods in a pit blind to achieve success if necessary! I WILL kill the only P and Y buck to ever set foot on my hunting ground.........it may be when I am in heaven

Wow..... not a SINGLE ONE from Sussex co VA. Suprising. And just a handful from Southampton even.

I guess I have to keep in mind that this is based on ENTRIES.... and I'm sure there are plenty of good ol' boys who could care less about paying $40 to have their name in a book (shame they don't submit them). And with VA having its own scoring system and big game contest, I'd suspect that a lot of them never get offically measured.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

I remember like 15-20 years ago when they brought in "Florida Strain" largemouths to VA and placed them in some of our reservoirs to get some bigger bass....maybe they could do that with say "Iowa strain whitetails" or "Wisconsin strain whitetails"
They did it on the eastern shore of VA many many many years ago. Brought down deer from the Saginaw Penninsula of Michigan. A fellow I work with shot a 170# doe in Accomack Co. last muzzleloader season.... and if he wasn't the modest honest guy he is I would never have believed such a doe to have come from VA. There are bucks killed over there that regularly top the 225# mark, which is HUGE even for a western mountain VA deer. And if someone in my part of the hunting world (Sussex and Southampton co) tells you they killed one over 200#s... you might should suggest they recalibrate their scales... cause it just don't happen...
Old 06-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Woohoo look at WI! We are da best ya dere hey dere.

Quick Reply: Sometimes not knowing is better than knowing......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.