Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best fletching color for hunting >

Best fletching color for hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best fletching color for hunting

Old 06-26-2008, 07:50 AM

Default Best fletching color for hunting

I am refletching my arrows and was wondering what colors work best for finding a shot arrow.i dont bow hunt in the fall i only bow hunt during bow season so everythings green still so i was think maybe blue and white. what to yall recimend.

.243win
Old 06-26-2008, 07:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Best fletching color for hunting

I always subscribe to the brighter the better thusly so you can possibly see the arrow in flight, on impact and through the animal giving you better insight for hit location not to mention the ease of finding the arrow after the shot for analysis. (sp).

I use either 2 white and 1 flo yellow or 2 flo yellow and 1 flo orange. (mostly).
Old 06-26-2008, 08:03 AM

I like all white for hunting. White will give you a true picture of the blood color left on the flething. Darker colored vanes will darken the blood down....Blood color is one of the clues I factor in when determining where I may have hit an animal.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:04 AM
Dominant Buck

not to mention the ease of finding the arrow after the shot for analysis. (sp).
That's why I use all white w/ 6" wraps. They're easy to find, easy to "read" (for analysis of the hit) and my wraps are reflective. On a pass thru I'll stick the arrow up in the ground, so that I can shine a light (for night recoveries)back (while trailing) towards the the POI, for reference.

To avoid confusion on the cock vane issue (having everything white)...I number mycock vanes, so that I know how to orient themon my string....inthe case of quick, follow-up shots, or...a possible second shot attempt.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:11 AM
Bartender

White vanes with the cockvane being black for me.
My 11 yr old just got white vanes with the cock vane being pink. lol
Old 06-26-2008, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

The one thing that I always remembered from my hunter safety course (back in 1972) is not to wear white during deer season, but then again that was in New Jersey.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used bright orange for years, but a couple years ago I switched to bright yellow and I tend to see them better in flight and much better against the animal's hair right before/at impact. I am colorblind though so perhaps I am not the best to give advise here
Old 06-26-2008, 09:21 AM
Typical Buck

I use 1 flo orange 2 white, with 7" white wraps....just got my new ones from onestringer today, I will post a pic tonight after I fletch a couple up.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobow

I like all white for hunting. White will give you a true picture of the blood color left on the flething. Darker colored vanes will darken the blood down....Blood color is one of the clues I factor in when determining where I may have hit an animal.
I agree with this thinking.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

white and pink

Quick Reply: Best fletching color for hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.