Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hunting arrows

Old 06-25-2008, 11:34 AM

Default hunting arrows

i have been shooting my hunting arrows with my broadheads (with practice blades of course) and most of my arrows are flying good, but my one arrow past 25 yards shoot to the left about 2-3 inches to the left, should i be worried, about have it in my quiver this season or not. sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but i was just wondering what you guys thought.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hunting arrows

If you have one single arrow this is shooting 2-3 inches left every time, I think I would take care of that problem. I sure whould not want it in my quiver knowing that the arrow is not going to hit exactly where I want it to hit. Are you sure it is the same arrow every time? Try numbering your arrows and see for sure if it is the same arrow. If it is, there are a couple of things you can do. You can try turning your nock, I don't know why, but this will some times cure a flier. Check and make sure the broad is tuned to that arrow, blades lining up with the fletchings, good spin. Try a different broadhead in that arrow, see if that makes a difference. Or do what I would do, scrap that arrow. Good luck, I hope you get it figured out.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:41 AM

thanks, i will try and do those things you said. Edit yes it is the same arrow i do have it numberd, i would just scrap it but i am poorso i guess i will try and fix it.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you have one single arrow this is shooting 2-3 inches left every time, I think I would take care of that problem. I sure whould not want it in my quiver knowing that the arrow is not going to hit exactly where I want it to hit. Are you sure it is the same arrow every time? Try numbering your arrows and see for sure if it is the same arrow. If it is, there are a couple of things you can do. You can try turning your nock, I don't know why, but this will some times cure a flier. Check and make sure the broad is tuned to that arrow, blades lining up with the fletchings, good spin. Try a different broadhead in that arrow, see if that makes a difference. Or do what I would do, scrap that arrow. Good luck, I hope you get it figured out.
Buck said it perfect!!
Old 06-25-2008, 12:48 PM

i was trying some of my other arrows to see if the broadhead would line up andi found one, but i cant shoot right now cause we are getting storms but thanks for all the help.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:49 PM

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

I agree with most of the above, but do not believe it is important to have the blades and vanes lined up. If the arrow is straight, it is often the insert. If you can turn your insert 1/4 turn that often solves the problem.

Also your braodhead could be bent slighty. If you put that broadhead on one of your other arrows does it now hit off center? But as kickin said a spin test will tell you a lot if performed correctly.....
Old 06-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

can label them with a marker to identify the trouble arrow more easily...

also are your nocks all positioned identical relative to fletching?