Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Brightest Sight? >

Brightest Sight?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Brightest Sight?

Old 06-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Brightest Sight?

I will be upgrading my sight within the next month and hoped to pick anyone/ everyone's brain on sight's.
An earlier post from "Diesel77" had good feedback, but he asked about 2 specific sights and want to broaden my options.

My criteria is simple...
The best "Low Light" sight(s) available???
Also, what diameter sight is the best (.019", .029 or .040").
* I use only 1 pin - set @ 20 yards.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Brightest Sight?

I've only had experience with the following:

1. 1st sight was a PSE F16 w/ .029 pins. OK sight....but lacked the extra pins I wanted to be able to practice at longer yardages.

2. 2nd sight was a Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg it. Finely crafted sight....plenty of .019 pins....but it was lacking in the brightness department.

I hunted with Rob/PA in the winter of '06 (I was still using the SH at this point). We had some does come into our set....and I couldn't shoot, due to not being able to make out my pins through my peep. When I asked Rob (who was blocked from shooting, by a tree) if he could have made the shot (with his sight). His reply was "absolutely".

Which led me to...

3. 3rd (and current) sight is a Viper Predator Pro MT with 5 pins. Top 2 are .019. Bottom 3 are .010. It's the brightest sight "I" have seen on the market...and it's a quality (very sturdy) built piece of bowhunting equipment.

That's my "review". Good luck.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a spot-hogg with .019 pins and the wrap and it will glow from moonlight. From what GMMAT posted getting the sight with the wrap was worth the money.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff,

I agree the SH you had was VERY dim. The new Spot-Hogg's with the wrap kits are AWESOME. They are REALLY bright and now are well worth the money. If I was going to go back to shooting multiple pins, that's what I'd go with. I'd look at the Sword's second, and the Viper's third.

I shoot an HHA now, and I really like it. It's got 10' of .019" fiber.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im using the sword twilight hunter with .019 and it seems to do just fine. It also has a fiber optic illuminator light that does a great job in low light conditions. not to bright when on, but just enough to get you through.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an Extreme RT 900. They are very similar to the Viper Sights. Just not all the bells and whistles. A great hunting sight with super bright pins. I like the .019 myself. I feel I can get a finer aim with smaller pins.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you gentleman, it's a great place to start.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have Vital Bow Gear sights on my Compounds, 3 Pin Trapper! I have never seen a brighter sight, its awesome and worth a looksy!
Old 06-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

HHA with 10' of fiber optic is super bright.

Spot Hogg with wrap is a very bright multi pin sight.

Dan
Old 06-25-2008, 01:41 PM

Dan I have the 3' fiber which works well in dim light, but cast somewhat of a halo in the bright sun. What does your do in the sun?

Funny thing I was shooting my wives bow last weekend and the peep cast a florescent pink circle around the peep which was great for visibility. However I could not figure out where the "Glow" was coming from. I keep checking the peep to see if something was embedded in the peep. However, when I shot in the shade there was no glow?? I finally figured the bright sunlight was reflecting off the pink florescent vanes onto the peep.....pretty neat.

Quick Reply: Brightest Sight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.