Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 favorite affordable fletching jig and tools/want to start doing my own >

favorite affordable fletching jig and tools/want to start doing my own

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

favorite affordable fletching jig and tools/want to start doing my own

Old 06-25-2008, 09:50 AM

Default favorite affordable fletching jig and tools/want to start doing my own

I have just recently gotten back into shooting (man I missed it) and over the past three days I have ripped off or shot through blazers on four of my arrows. Before I would just take them to the shop but now I want to repair my own and would like to know what I will need to start taking care of my own equipment. I do not mind paying a little for quality but I will not be doing a high volume of arrows either. I would prefer that it is made in the USA as I am trying very hard to make all of my purchases that way.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: favorite affordable fletching jig and tools/want to start doing my own

A JoJan jig is about $40

A Bitzenberger is about $70

I Have a Bitzenberger but the JoJan would be my next choice. Don't really know if either one is made in USA or not though.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: favorite affordable fletching jig and tools/want to start doing my own

Bitz is made in the USA and is worth every penny. I gave my Jo-Jan away after buying a Bitz.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bitzenburger is the only way to go. It may cost a little more up front, but in time it will pay for itself.

The total cost of one is giong to be whatever you buy instead of a bitz first to try and save money.... plus $70 for the bitz itself,and the cost of the fletchings/glue you screwed up by not buying a bitz in the first place!
Old 06-25-2008, 02:37 PM

Willit (Blitz)work with Blazers?
Old 06-25-2008, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly... I am going to catch some grief here but....... get a Bohning plastic jig! If you dont plan on fletching more then 2-3 dozen arrows a year the bohning should be one to last you for a while! I just purchased one last year and am very happy with it! I havent messed any fletchings up and I am a beginner! At $30 or less I will take my chances im cheap!

Now I am sure the Bitz and Jo-Jan are both exceptional jigs! If I was to buy a new one it would be a JO-JAN or another Bohning...nothing against Bitz just the way I am!!
Old 06-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Typical Buck

The bitz is a really nice jig. I dont know about the others this is the only one I have ever had..
Old 06-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

For the small price difference you'd be better off buying a Bitz and never looking back.

Dan
Old 06-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: FLboy77

Willit (Blitz)work with Blazers?
Yes it will!

Dan
Old 06-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

my local shop does all the fletching/arrow building, man do they do a sweet job,

I can see being a perfectionist wanting to do it myself, making sure it gets done perfectly, but these guys do an amazing job, and do a ton of arrows, not sure I could top them without much practice.

They line up nocks, fletching, according do the arrow shaft label etc...so each arrow is exactly the same.

Quick Reply: favorite affordable fletching jig and tools/want to start doing my own

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.