Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

mathews or hoyt

Old 06-24-2008, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: mathews or hoyt

0, why would anyone dry fire a bow?

never dry fire any bow....

ORIGINAL: racewayking

How many times can a Matthews be dry fired, their site doesn't say?
Old 06-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

0, why would anyone dry fire a bow?

never dry fire any bow....

ORIGINAL: racewayking

How many times can a Matthews be dry fired, their site doesn't say?

Especially a Mathews... because they are built so poorly that I'm suprised they stay together in the first place.

Sure they are smooth, and they are quiet.... but the way they are built does not warrant a $700+ price tag in my opinion (the local shop sells them for $830 bare bow).

Hoyts are built much better... but they are heavy by todays standards... some folks like a heavier bow.

By and large... whatever you tell yourself you'll be happier with... you probably will be. Both of them will get the job done just fine. I owned a Hoyt Ultra-tec up until last year and sold it to my best friend for a good price complete... and my current back up bow is a Mathews LX... which I bought new for $200 cash (thats a good deal).
Old 06-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mathews, no matter which model it is
Old 06-24-2008, 07:36 PM

All I'm gonna say is I have personally never seen a Mathews hit it's advertised speed....The Hoyt is generally 1 or 2 feet faster than advertised. That's all I'm sayin..
Old 06-24-2008, 07:41 PM

I bought a mathews two years ago, I like they way it felt. What made me appreciate it more was all the honey do lists I completed to deserve it. Yeah, you guys know what I'm taking about.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mathews all the way, it has a way more comfortable grip that molds to your hand
Old 06-24-2008, 07:52 PM

if your looking for your bow to be quiet smooth and fast then hoyt is definatly the one.i have yet to see a mathews shoot faster than a hoyt.hell i would put the speed of my 5 year old super tech against any mathews new or old
Old 06-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot both when I was shopping for a bow. The mathews' grip just didnt fit my hand at all, and I dont like having a draw length longer than my bow. They Hoyt was nice, but since I had just owned a Hoyt, I wanted something new, so I got a General. I'm actually very seriously debating trading my General for a Hoyt.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mathews
Old 06-24-2008, 08:38 PM

I shot bothlast week and believeme, they are both awsome bows. Shoot them both and see what "fits" you best.
And do yourself a favor, don't listen to any post that attemps to dog on either bow or manufacturer! I currentlyshoot a Bowtech and I also own a Hoyt. My Dad owns a DXT. Anyone who thinks that any of these three brands is inferior is an absolute idiot. Go with what feels good to you!

Quick Reply: mathews or hoyt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.