Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Give Me A Break

Old 06-24-2008, 11:30 AM

Default Give Me A Break

Have you guys seen this? Im not sure if I buy it or not. I have no idea how it works, so I guess I can't bash it. It just seems a little far-fetched to me. Plus, I wouldn't want to carry a metal box up in the stand with me everytime I hunt. What do you think?

http://ozonicshunting.com/products/

A revolution in hunting.

Previously, hunters attempted to remove or mask their odor using sprays, scents, clothing detergents, body soaps, carbon bags or special clothing to avoid recognition from game. Ozonics has now found that ozone, a naturally occurring cleansing agent found in the earth’s atmosphere, can provide hunters with a fully effective and safe scent elimination method.
Utilizing this revolutionary ozone technology, Ozonics has created the HR-100, an electronic device that converts air passing over a sportsman into a natural deodorizer. This mixture can alter or eliminate the human scent profile in the atmosphere between a hunter and an animal, ultimately camouflaging a hunter’s odor from animal detection. Since ozone is a gas, wind direction is not a factor when using the HR-100, allowing for a full 360° hunt.

The HR-100 includes:
[*]Metal box, matte black (8 3/4" x 4 7/8" x 3 3/8")[*]Silent on/off button[*]LED battery indicator[*]Universal tripod mount on bottom[*]12V rechargeable battery included
(~4 hour run time on single charge.)[*]AC battery charger included[*]*REALTREE® AP HD™ carrying case included[*]Unit weight (with battery) ~5 lbs.[*]Limited one year warranty [/ul]

*REALTREE and REALTREE AP HD are registered trademarks of Jordan Outdoor Enterprises Ltd.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Give Me A Break

Smells like garbage to me! People don't even wanna carry climbers into the woods what makes these people think that hunters will want to carry that. Not to mention it probably doesn't work.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Way to much of a gimmick for me. If I have to rely on something like that I'm doing something wrong.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would rather hunt with a dirty diaper in my backpack than lug that space aged gadget into the field.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:36 AM

Gimmick!!! I wouldnt get one if the company paid me. Ill stick to my Scent Killer spray.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

It looks like an "ozone" generator which simply changes 02 to 03 which does kill odors but it can also kill humans in high enough quantity which would be unlikely in a tree with the wind blowing but I still don't want to sit there breathing it all day. Whether that's what it is or not, I still won't be toting a big metal box in and out on any of my deer hunts.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

pathetic if you ask me
Old 06-24-2008, 11:51 AM

[*]Unit weight (with battery) ~5 lbs.
This is my favorite part. About 5 lbs??? So they really not know how much it weighs?
Old 06-24-2008, 12:16 PM

Oh brother! I've got some snake oil for sale.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

One of the big benefits of going out to the woods is GETTING AWAY from ozone pollution and breathing clean air for awhile! Ain't no way I'm taking a machine with me that makes the stuff.

Quick Reply: Give Me A Break

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.