Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's going through your mind? >

What's going through your mind?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's going through your mind?

Old 06-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What's going through your mind?

What's going through your mind just as you here the leaves crunching.... and you know it's close... is it a squirrel? No too carefull to be a squirrel.... Here it is, as soon as it takes 5 more steps....

Whats going through your mind Right at this point?
Old 06-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What's going through your mind?

wait for it...wait for it....thwack!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hope its him!!! Come on be him!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 09:12 PM

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

What's going through your mind just as you here the leaves crunching.... and you know it's close... is it a squirrel? No too carefull to be a squirrel.... Here it is, as soon as it takes 5 more steps....

This is exactly what I thought before I read it

My mind goes like this.....

Where is he at? Is he calm, not alert? Where is my bow?! How did my broadhead get snagged on my pant leg?!?! Could I make any more noise?!?!? When did I stand up?!?!........

Stay Calm, Pick A Spot...........draw..place the pin...release.......deflate like a baloon...

That's pretty much how it goes
Old 06-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Is it a doe or a buck. Hunting where I hunt....and having the liberal doe limits......AND...having somewhere for the meat to always go......I'm thinking ......JUST RELAX.

Just present a shot. I've learned to relax and look around a little. When I hear one.....that usually means there's more. I try to make sure I don't get too quick and get busted by a deer I didn't see/hear, initially.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first reaction is reaching full draw unnoticed....my second reaction is painting a picture on a hair behind the shoulder...and having a vision of my arrow in flight...!!

And then a nice Omolette at the peppermill restaurant in badaxe atabout 10AM
Old 06-23-2008, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did I forget to shut the garage door when I left? No, just kiddin. It would be: Don't look up!
Old 06-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Fork Horn

min ewould be.. Dont (*&$*%& THIS UP!! shoot straight.. dont miss.. ... o .. please dont *$&**$& this up!
Old 06-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

I'll tell you what. I was sitting in my stand last year and was hearing squirrels, one after another, stirring up the leaves. It got to the point where I stopped looking. I hearsome stirring again, only this time it's quite close. So, for the hell of it I turn my head (too quickly) expecting it to be another another squirrel. It's not!!! It's thebest buck, a 10pt, I've ever seen in my hunting area,ever.[:@]
Hesaw me turn to look, and he breaks camp like it was nobody's business!! This buck was literally 10yrds from me. I'll never forget that day.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here's what goes through my mind...

Oh that sounds like a deer, it's definately a deer, let me just take a peek and then get ready. I crane around the tree to find the deer and it's a squirrel. [&:]

More than once, I've sat there and said, that's definately a squirrel. I'm not going to waste any movment, and just sit still. I finally take a look in the direction, and what do you know, it's a deer, now closer than I'd like .

That's how things go for me. [8D]

Quick Reply: What's going through your mind?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.