Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What part do you do best? >

What part do you do best?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What part do you do best?

Old 06-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What part do you do best?

Like early I can and do sit stands all day. Patience is what I'm best at.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Site Buck Guru

Do I really need to say it!!?? [8D]
Old 06-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm good at scouting, bad at sitting still. 20 years of hunting and I still fidget around in the stand LOL.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowtechben

1. Out of all of the aspects of hunting what do you do the best in your mind?
2. Which part do you enjoy doing the best?
1. getting close to big bucks. I see more big bucks then other guys in the areas I hunt. I'm not sure why. Luck maybe. Maybe I just see something different then the other guys when I scout.

2. I enjoy scouting the best. I love to explore new areas. I guess I'm always searching for that perfect spot. I also like the run and gun style of rut hunting. I love moving and calling. I am getting a little tired of the long sits. My run and gun style also puts me in front of more shooters.

Since I took up tracking it is by far the thing I love to do the best. But thats rifle hunting. My ultimate goal would be to track and kill a big one with the bow. I will wait until I get betterat it before I try the bow.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm better at archery than hunting.

I usually outshoot my buddies on the 3d course, but I suck at figuring out where the big bucks are. It might be because there just aren't any big bucks where I hunt, or maybe I just suck as a hunter. I don't know.

I think I see fewer deer than most bowhunters because I hunt high pressure areas. But when I do get a shot opportunity I almost always make it count.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:02 PM

I enjoy hunting more than the preperation for hunting. The hunt is what it is all about.

Im not sure what I am best at, none of the above? lol Ive just been having the hardest time the past two years putting myself in front of big deer. Before when I only rifle hunted I saw big deer every year, and allbut one came within bow range. Now that I started bowhunting, I have had much worse luck. The greater challenge combined with loosing good hunting grounds gave me just what I bargained for...I like the challenge. It will be oooh so much sweeter when I stick a decent buck and silence my buddies calling me crazy for holding out for the right deer.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm actually better at tracking and finding / following blood trails.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Patience for me! If I didn't have patience I wouldn't be able to be successful with my recurve.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I do the hunt the best. I cannot sit still for long periods of time, but I can take a step and then stand still for quite a while. LOL
Old 06-23-2008, 05:09 PM

I am still learning on the strategy and the other parts, so i like the prep. part the best.

Quick Reply: What part do you do best?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.