Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunter living in a house full of PETA members/Vegans >

Bowhunter living in a house full of PETA members/Vegans

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunter living in a house full of PETA members/Vegans

Old 06-23-2008, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default Bowhunter living in a house full of PETA members/Vegans

Who watched the show 30 days last night on FX. They had a bowhunter living in a house full of PETA members for 30 days. During the 30 days he had to demonstrate with them and had to work at an animal rescue center. This one woman kept referring to the Nazis when talking about hunting. I dont know but all i saw was like factory farms and stuff and they never really covered anything like hunting. I was like why is a bowhunter here when it should be the owner of one of these factories where they are mistreating the animals? I dont like the way these animals are treated in these places either, I dont agree with the suffering alot of these animals go through. So why did a bowhunter have to go to the house when they never really had a case as to why bowhunting is wrong, other than the killing of the animal.

I would say if anything bowhunting or hunting in general should help animals in captivity, can you imagine how much more beef would be consumed each year if hunting were eliminated. Just my thoughts on the whole thing, if I am way off base let me know and i will shut up, Thanks..
Old 06-23-2008, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowhunter living in a house full of PETA members/Vegans

so did the bowhunter have any chances to point out how hunting actually helps animals from dying of disease and starvation, and if they never covered hunting, why was the bowhunter there, thats kinda weird
Old 06-23-2008, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

That definetly makes no sense. Will have to look and see if it gets televised again.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just by watching it you are giving it credence,reality TV is every thing but real.Maybe you could use your time more wisely by flossing your neighbors cats teeth.[:-]

I find it hard to believe that there would beany PETA members left at the end of the show if I would have been the bow hunter involved.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

The only time they said anything about hunting was when the lady brought out some hunting magazines. She pointed out a picture of a young boy siting next to a big buck. She said "how can he kill something humanely, it says here it was his first time out". The hunter then explained that the weapons we use and the practice we take before hunting ensures of that will make clean ethical kills. She said why cant somebody just take a picture of the deer from he deer stand and they would still have a picture. He said you cant eat a picture. His stance was, "animals are here to serve". The Peta people's stance was you dont have the right to kill anything. But most of the whole show was him going around to these factories and seeing how they mistreat the animals. The lady where he worked was surprised when he said he would save her over his dog. She said you would save me a complete stranger over your dog a family member? He said ofcourse you are a human, my dog is a dog.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those PETA members area strange breed. It was amazing that she thought he ought to save his dog over her. Sad.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:42 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: LKNCHOPPERS

It was amazing that she thought he ought to save his dog over her. Sad.
for sure. I'll never understand why people would value an animal life over a human's life.

animal rights enthusiasts annoy me in the respect that they usually don't say anything against hunting. They just don't like it. I wish I was there in place of the bowhunter. Them PETA's would have got an education.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Just by watching it you are giving it credence,reality TV is every thing but real.Maybe you could use your time more wisely by flossing your neighbors cats teeth.[:-]

I find it hard to believe that there would beany PETA members left at the end of the show if I would have been the bow hunter involved.
That's funny right there!
Kudos Jimbo
Old 06-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Seif5034

ORIGINAL: LKNCHOPPERS

It was amazing that she thought he ought to save his dog over her. Sad.
for sure. I'll never understand why people would value an animal life over a human's life.

animal rights enthusiasts annoy me in the respect that they usually don't say anything against hunting. They just don't like it. I wish I was there in place of the bowhunter. Them PETA's would have got an education.
These people are to ignorant to even hear anon PETA member out. We are all rationalle people and I, personally respect everyone's opinion, if they can validate their reasons for belief. I may not agree with them, but a rational argument or premise may clarify their belief. I have never heard one of these people make an educated factual agrument against bowhunting other than the obvious that we are killing animals.
Makes my blood pressure go through the roof just thinking about these people.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

That was originally aired last tuesday. I put a post on here as soon as it came on. Ithinkthe show ison every Tuesday at 9 or 10 eastern time.
I'm not positive, but I believe that they are going to have another episode with a gun control activist living with a hunter. Hopefully they don't putthe activistin a house with a bunch of goofs for the sake of tvratings.

Quick Reply: Bowhunter living in a house full of PETA members/Vegans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.