Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HNI Party

Old 06-23-2008, 05:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default HNI Party

I know VABOWMAN, VirginiaShadow, and a few others who are in the state of VA. Im gonna be hosting a burn party at one of my properties sometime in July. For those interested in coming and shooting some sticks, drinking a few beers, and meeting each other, feel free to list your names below.

Im in Hanover, VA. Its pretty much in Central VA so anyone wishing to take a road trip...list your name.

Who knows, maybe we can get some prizes together for best shooting, etc. Lots of Venison steaks, burgers, etc.

Just a thought to get some of us kooks all together on the same turf!

There is plenty room for campers, tents, or just sleeping on the ground. I bet it would be one of the best times you had...minus the ladies and kids! What do you think...is it worth puttig together?

I have enough bales of hay and targets to get about 4 lanes going, as well as stands to practice from, etc.

Give me a heads up!

Old 06-23-2008, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HNI Party

Jeff,

I would be interested. The fourth of July is already taken. I have a travel trailer and I could bring a foam deer and a bag target. My daughter is attending camp in Hanover, VA from 20-25 July, so those would be good target dates for me.

Some questions:
Do you have water/electrcity for a camper?
Are we bringing the wives/kids or no?

We'll see if there is other interest!
Kevin
Old 06-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Typical Buck

Im open for any dates....except July 16-18 I will be in Atlanta. I have all the land to set up campers, tents, etc....so the more the merrier. Arrive Friday and get out of there by Sunday! Or for those traveling farther distances...a week will work too.

I have a ton of stuff I need to burn out there (wood,etc.) so I need to do it. Might as well have a little get together with some of the guys here!

Old 06-23-2008, 11:25 AM

looks like it would be over 4hrs of driving for me...but I would consider it in late july or August
Old 06-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im in VA but that would be 4.5hrs from me. your almost on the coast, im in southwest. Sound cool though.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hoyt_Viper

Im open for any dates....except July 16-18 I will be in Atlanta.

I'll be in Maine from the 18th through August 4th.... but you know I'm game if its anytime before then!

Keep me posted Jeff... if you want some ducks for the grill... I have several. And they are simple to cook. If the offshore trips are fruitful I might even have some Mahi Mahi to contribute.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

The wife's 7 months pregnant with our 4th, so I don't think she'd be too keen to me traveling for a party. However, I may have to take a "business trip".

Old 06-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: Hoyt_Viper

Im open for any dates....except July 16-18 I will be in Atlanta.

I'll be in Maine from the 18th through August 4th.... but you know I'm game if its anytime before then!

Keep me posted Jeff... if you want some ducks for the grill... I have several. And they are simple to cook. If the offshore trips are fruitful I might even have some Mahi Mahi to contribute.
Swamp,

My best friend has a 28' Parker in Wrightsville, NC. He and I go out usually later this month or July to catch the last of the yellowfin. Its loaded with GPS mapping software and is powered by 2 Yamaha 250's. He always calls me to go out...theres room for a couple more rods in the rocket launchers!

By the way...I'll trade ya for some Grouper!