Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My first bow hunt.... >

My first bow hunt....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My first bow hunt....

Old 06-22-2008, 10:35 PM

Default My first bow hunt....

Well my first time was one I will never forget. I got me my Highcountry bow I was wanting and have a friend that owns a christmas tree farm and he told me he has does and a big buck that roam in there so I went out..Well I waited and waited in a bunch of trees that made a good blind.. Well before you walked into the trees there was a big whole that went up about my waist.Was there for a while seen a couple does but I was waiting on the buck..lol After awhile my bladder started screaming at me so I decided that I was gonna go about 3 rows back and do my thing. Just as I was doing so I heard this rustle and a grunt.As I looked up I seen the buck in between 2 trees that was about 3-4 trees infront of me.My friend that was with me heard it to and proceeded to come out with MY bow that I didnt take with me to take a shot at the buck if it decided to come at me.. Well here I was taking steps back pulling my pants up...lol Just as my friend was comming out of the trees he found the hole and all I could see was his arms head and my bow..By this time my adrinaline was pumping so fast that I was wondering what else I was gonna do when this oh I would say 12 pointer came at me. Well here he came out of the cover of the trees and he looked at me . I'm think "Oh Crap what now".. Well I thought when we came up on the does they ran off so I will walk towards him and he should do the same...lol Well sounded good in theory.. So I started walking back towards him and he was still just standing there.. Sudenly I tripped and shuffled my feet and then he took off.. Well a week later my friend that lived down the road was driving home and this buck jumped out infront of his truck..He killed my buck!!! Well I didn't get my buck but I do have a interesting memory to remember for my first time hunting....[/align]

Old 06-22-2008, 10:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My first bow hunt....

Cool story! Hopefully next time it will be your arrow that takes him down!!
Old 06-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

The first rule of hunting:
If you leave your weapon behind when you go to the bathroom a buck is going to show up!

I too have learned this lesson the hard way![&o]

Good luck in the future.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:37 PM
Fork Horn

dood.. that sucks man.. live and learn i guess... i bet next time your taking a whizz holding your peter.. your other hand will be holding the bow.. .. or find yourself a mini-me to either A:hold your bow.. or B: hold your ....
either way.. as the Magician of the woods said.. read rule #1
Old 06-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL. Good story that makes a memorable first hunt!
Old 06-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

good story, welcome to the forums