Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 OK, my turn to rant.. LOL >

OK, my turn to rant.. LOL

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OK, my turn to rant.. LOL

Old 06-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Default OK, my turn to rant.. LOL

So I was watching golf... and during breaks flip over to the Outdoor Channel to check on the hunting. So there's Greg Boddington, not a bad sort at all. Obviously well heeled and has been around, and presents a gentlemanly hunt. Doesn't try to be a comedian, or know it all. He hunts, he kills and he tells a story. Well today he's hunting elephants. I've had this feeling for a LONG LONG time. Why would anyone feel a need to shoot an elephant. Certainly it's not the meat or the challange. They park the landrover and walk up to some elephants lounging in some water. I mean they're standing there 30 yards away talking about them, scoring their tusk and all that crap. Ok, let's pass we can do better. Now tell me, how sporting is walking up(or driving up)and whacking some dumb elephant while he takes a drink. I honestly see no valid reason for shooting an elephant unless maybe it's population control. In that case... shoot you a baby factory... a female. That way you take out a couple with one shot. Honestly Greg, not much of a chore to shoot an elephant. Don't try to make it some glorious adventure. It's target shooting at close range on a big bullseye. If I were given a free trip to shoot an elephant I'd try to trade it in for a pheasant hunt or elk hunt or something. I just don't find anything enticing about elephant hunting. I'm done.[&:][:'(][:'(]
Old 06-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: OK, my turn to rant.. LOL

I agree. I almost lost a VERY good client after a conversion at his home about his Tusk archway in his home, He shot his with a rifle, but from no further away. I told him he must be proud, and asked if he wanted to go to my parent's place and shoot a cow??? Not very impressed......
Old 06-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

So I was watching golf... and during breaks flip over to the Outdoor Channel to check on the hunting. So there's Greg Boddington, not a bad sort at all. Obviously well heeled and has been around, and presents a gentlemanly hunt. Doesn't try to be a comedian, or know it all. He hunts, he kills and he tells a story. Well today he's hunting elephants. I've had this feeling for a LONG LONG time. Why would anyone feel a need to shoot an elephant. Certainly it's not the meat or the challange. They park the landrover and walk up to some elephants lounging in some water. I mean they're standing there 30 yards away talking about them, scoring their tusk and all that crap. Ok, let's pass we can do better. Now tell me, how sporting is walking up(or driving up)and whacking some dumb elephant while he takes a drink. I honestly see no valid reason for shooting an elephant unless maybe it's population control. In that case... shoot you a baby factory... a female. That way you take out a couple with one shot. Honestly Greg, not much of a chore to shoot an elephant. Don't try to make it some glorious adventure. It's target shooting at close range on a big bullseye. If I were given a free trip to shoot an elephant I'd try to trade it in for a pheasant hunt or elk hunt or something. I just don't find anything enticing about elephant hunting. I'm done.[&:][:'(][:'(]
because all the giraffe tags were sold out
Sorry va
Old 06-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

i completely agree
Old 06-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

If someone wants/needs a reason to rant, all I have to say is take a look at the "Trapping Forum". There's a thread about trapping pics. Take a look see at that mess!!! I know this post belongs elsewhere, but I didn't want togo on there with my thoughts, and open up a hornets nest!! I just happened on toit, not knowing what I was about to see.
All I can say is, I know where those anti's get their ammo from! Nobody loves hunting more than me, at least I haven't met that person yet, but that stuff was asbad as it gets. Honestly, take a quick look, I can't wait to hear what folks have to say.[:@]That's if this doesn't get blocked somehow.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I totally agree, should leave that kind of "killing" to the girls (and sissy's)............

Old 06-22-2008, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Watching golf????????
Old 06-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hear ya and felt the same way until I watched some elephant hunts

In many areas they are overpopulated and are destroying the landscape/habitat.

I think simply being the largest land mammal on earth gives many reason....but after seeing some big bulls charge a man....it was intense....

I think we should cull the tuskless bulls.....

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

Sorry va
Old 06-22-2008, 08:36 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

Sorry va
Now that's funny. I had to smirk on that one Magic.[8D]
Old 06-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

His name is Craig Boddington. I usually skip his show, because Its not that good. Elephants are over populated in many parts of the continent and are devastating to food sources. They clear out strips of vegetation and snap trees in half like tooth picks just for the hell of it.

It may be a huge dumb animal (2nd pt. simply not true...) but its still an animal, which means it needs to be managed.

Quick Reply: OK, my turn to rant.. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.