Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 you wouldn't believe what a deer will eat >

you wouldn't believe what a deer will eat

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

you wouldn't believe what a deer will eat

Old 06-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: you wouldn't believe what a deer will eat

ORIGINAL: strutnbuck

Tes, that is moss. Down here in Florida, deer will definatly eat it, they love it. If a bad storm comes through, deer, as well as cattle will head to downed trees with moss, and moss blown to the ground. One of the oddest things I have witness, was a doe and 2 yearlings stripping a 6 ft Marajuana bush, of all leaves and buds they could reach in Nebraska. No, the marajuana was of the wild type. It was everywhere and gave my allergie hell!
I once hunted an area right next to some property that had a bunch of marijuana growing on it. I neverr could get the deer onto the property I was hunted. I tried calls, scents, you name it.Nothing. After a month of not seeing a deer, I decided to do something drastic, I decided to litter the ground with Cool ranch doritos, Potato chips and hooked up a small radio with Greatful dead playing on repeat. The next day 30 to 40 deer were at my stand. I just had to think to myself, "What would I want if I was a deer!"

That whole thing was made up, but it would be pretty funny if it happened!

I used to hunt When I was in College at the University of Kansas. I would find that stuff growing while walking for birds. Groups of 100-200 plants. I never wasthe smoking type (Beer is all I need) but I would take pictures and show them to my buddies. They werealways try to get the location from me. Ya, give away my hunting spots so a bunch of people can go smoke weed, that's not going to happen!
Old 06-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: halfrack VIII

Tes, that is moss. Down here in Florida, deer will definatly eat it, they love it. If a bad storm comes through, deer, as well as cattle will head to downed trees with moss, and moss blown to the ground. One of the oddest things I have witness, was a doe and 2 yearlings stripping a 6 ft Marajuana bush, of all leaves and buds they could reach in Nebraska. No, the marajuana was of the wild type. It was everywhere and gave my allergie hell!
those deer would be nice and easy to hunt, they'd be so baked that you could walk right up to them.
You could bait them with Oreos!
Old 06-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Magic, I don't want to see you take that stuff home and make any fancy brownies with it either!

Old 06-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

ORIGINAL: halfrack VIII

those deer would be nice and easy to hunt, they'd be so baked that you could walk right up to them.
You could bait them with Oreos!
Now thats the funniest thing I have read in a long time.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:22 AM

Does the moss have some type of healthy mineral property to it?