Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is a "serious bowhunter"? >

What is a "serious bowhunter"?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is a "serious bowhunter"?

Old 06-21-2008, 06:54 PM

Default What is a "serious bowhunter"?

Is it someone who hunts with a bow exclusively?? Is someone who would rather bowhunt than gun hunt but still gun hunts?? Is someone who bowhunts 3-4 times a week?? Is someone who knows a fair amount about the tech side and the hunting side?? Do you ever get into a conversation with a guy who has all the stickers and Mathews Solocam hat, yet he can't even tell you what his arrow weighs or what BH he uses?? but he can tell you how fast his bow is..(just had that happen this week)
Old 06-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What is a "serious bowhunter"?

I like to think I'm a serious bowhunter!
Old 06-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like to think i'm serious...I know one thing school teatcher's who live on HNI during school hours got to be serious!LOL
Old 06-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Dominant Buck

I guess it's like that Brad Paisley song....lol

I suppose if you say you are....you are.

It doesn't really matter if you know how much your arrow weighs......what the correct spine is for your setup........or how fast your bow is.....

Some people are gonna tell you can't be a serious bowhunter unless you've killed "X" number of deer......of hunted "X" number of years.....ONLY bowhunt.....etc.., etc...etc...

I am NOT a "serious bowhunter". I will be more and more casual about it as I do it longer.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've always been serious about Bowhunting, but for a long time I didn't have a clue what I was doing. I have never hunted Big Game with a Gun. I don't think that makes me better or worse of a Hunter. It was just my choice.

I still learn something every year about the animals I chase.You get too Old to learn then you are just not paying attention.

I Love Bowhunting. I think the best advice for young Bowhunters is to keep it fun and progress at a pace that makes it fun. Hunt for yourself! with your own goals and expectations, and never let anyone that talks down your accomplishments cause you to get discouraged.

It's a personal sport, not a competetion. You are always winning if you are having Fun!

Dan
Old 06-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I've always been serious about Bowhunting, but for a long time I didn't have a clue what I was doing. I have never hunted Big Game with a Gun. I don't think that makes me better or worse of a Hunter. It was just my choice.

I still learn something every year about the animals I chase.You get too Old to learn then you are just not paying attention.

I Love Bowhunting. I think the best advice for young Bowhunters is to keep it fun and progress at a pace that makes it fun. Hunt for yourself! with your own goals and expectations, and never let anyone that talks down your accomplishments cause you to get discouraged.

It's a personal sport, not a competetion. You are always winning if you are having Fun!

Dan
Very well put Dan.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

I consider myself a "serious bowhunter" in the sense that I spend more time bowhunting than any of my other passions although I spend a lot of time on them as well.

I do not consider myself a "serious archer" however. I shoot enough to be proficient at targets out to 60 yards so that I can be proficient on animals in the 30 yard or closer range ( a little further when I am elk/mule deer hunting).

I keep my equipment in shape and properly tuned, but I seldom change anything or ever shoot in 3D or any other competition nor do I have any desire to do so.

But while I am not a serious "archer", I have no desire to hunt with anything except a bow, so I guess I am a serious bowhunter.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think most anyone can be considered a serious bowhunter if they do all that they can to become the best bowhunter that they can be.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

it isnt a "heres what you have to do to become a serious bowhunter" im a serious bowhunter on my own level and original from every other bowhunter out there, thats the way it is for every other "serious bowhunter" .......just my 2 cents
Old 06-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

I consider my self a serious bowhunter...Have I shot a deer? No, not yet, but I have put a lot of time into hunting, scouting and observiong deer patterns. I think the amopnt of effort you put in determines how serious you are.

Quick Reply: What is a "serious bowhunter"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.