Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is a "serious bowhunter"? >

What is a "serious bowhunter"?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is a "serious bowhunter"?

Old 06-21-2008, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What is a "serious bowhunter"?

A serious bowhunter?

My definition something as follows; a guy who actively uses a bow to hunt wild game with, not someone who has a bow and has hunted with it before, can be someone who gun hunts, prefers to gun hunt, I think the fact is that it hinges around the aspect that he hunts with a bow routinely....whether it be for better odds, easier draws, warm seasons to hunt, be seasons/ruts, long seasons.....

I love to gunhunt, but for most of the previous reasons I have become a serious bowhunter. Though the passion is growing on me as well. I wonder how many of us would have even tried bowhunting if it werent for laws/regs that limited what we could do with a gun....if gun season were year round who would have ever tried bowhunting?
Old 06-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

I like to think I'm a serious bowhunter!
I believe you are.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

A serious hunter is the guy that is trying to figure out where to hang his stand while making love.

I would consider myself a passionate hunter. Something happens to me when I hit the woods. Focus, dedication, drive, energy. I truely believe I wasborn to hunt. I feel the most at home in the woods.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:44 PM

very good replys! all of them !!
Old 06-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

I realized I was serious the last time I walked to my stand. I had to sit for 5 minutes to get my heart to slow down and my adrenaline to slow. I take every step to ensure my setup is as good as it gets, by scent, wind, como, and when I finally stalk the 1/2 mile to the stand Im so pumped up I have a mini stroke before I ever get my arrow nocked!!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 08:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Kamil

I consider my self a serious bowhunter...Have I shot a deer? No, not yet, but I have put a lot of time into hunting, scouting and observiong deer patterns. I think the amopnt of effort you put in determines how serious you are.
I don't know that I believe in "degrees" of being a bowhunter, but I agree very much with what Kamil said.
Keep up the dedication brother, your time is coming
Old 06-21-2008, 08:55 PM

Do you take your bowhunting seriously, or is it a fly by night game to you? If you take it seriously, you're a serious bowhunter.

We all have our own view of what we consider a "serious bowhunter." You know them when you see/talk to them. It doesn't take long, and you think to yourself, "Wow, that's a serious bowhunter right there."

Why does there have to be parameters around everything? Why is there a need for categories? Is a "serious" bowhunter better than a "hobby" bowhunter? I thought the pecking order only existed in the wild....there's an apparent pecking order in the hunting world as well. It's commonly called.....Ego. I'm seriously not sure if there's enough bandwidth on this forum for some all of us and some of our egos......I'm gonna have to get a bigger monitor.....Or better yet......go find somewhere else to play. This crap in this forum is absolutely, positively, downright freaking juvenile at times.....

I'm out. Later.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:57 PM

I think a serious bowhunter is anyone that has a burning passion for it. Someone who puts the time in and tries to do their best even if they fail, but always goes back and tries again.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Typical Buck

I have been called a "serious bowhunter" by people that know me. But I actually don't really like that term. The most important thing to me is to ENJOY the time that I spend outdoors while I am going after whitetails with my bow. Don't get me wrong...I want to shoot a big buck as much as anyone else but I just don't like the word "serious" to be used to describe me as a hunter. What is really the point of doingsomething if you are so serious about it that you aren't enjoying it?

I think of myself as a motivated and prepared hunter that really enjoys the outdoors whether or not I score on aniceanimal that particular season.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:29 PM

I consider myself a "serious bowhunter"

I may not have a wealth of archery knowledge or be in tune with every moonphase, buck movement, rising thermal, in my area. But I do have a passion for bowhunting. I love it. And I love nothing more than sitting high in a stand with my bow hanging by my side.

Quick Reply: What is a "serious bowhunter"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.