Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 NAP Spitfire Experiences and Entry Holes >

NAP Spitfire Experiences and Entry Holes

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NAP Spitfire Experiences and Entry Holes

Old 06-20-2008, 09:14 PM

Default NAP Spitfire Experiences and Entry Holes

I'm considering using the NAP Spitfire broadhead this fall; I've never used it before. If you have used this head how did you like it? Does the Spitfire make a good entry hole?
Old 06-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NAP Spitfire Experiences and Entry Holes

I killed a couple with Spitfires, but I like Wasp Jak-Hammers just a little better. Tougher blades, and a little bigger holes in the deer I killed.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Spitfire is the only mechanical I use, I like them, I mainly hunt hogs and bears, and the Spitfires have never failed me...should be no problem for deer. JMO
Old 06-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

NAP razorbaks baby!!!

if going for expandables I think Rage 2 blade is the way to go....

Old 06-21-2008, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot 1 deer and 2 fox with spitfires. Deer had about a 1" entry hole, no exit (hit the off side shoulder) Both of the foxes and similar sized entry holes and huge exit holes. Overall I like the spitfires but I feel you need to be pushing over 60 ft/lbs of Ke to get the most out of them. Of all the mechanical heads I have tested the spittfires are one of the best in terms of quality of construction. Performance wise they are right in the middle of the pack.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I used to hunt with my CB, I used 100gr Spitfires. Killed 13 deer, and NEVER had one not open! They leave a gaping hole. Great head, well you know what I mean.Oh yea, another heart shot.

Old 06-21-2008, 06:36 AM

im ocd
Eight years ago I shot my first deer withbow and arrow. I was using 100 gr.spitfires. I was twenty feet up and he was twenty two paces out going left to right. at the momentof contact I saw an explosion of red. He spun around to exit the area and was pouring blood from the exit hole. He wasdown in seconds and within sight.I did notget a pass thru on the next buck becauseit stopped on the offside shoulder but the deer was still down in second in seconds. He actually bolted away and then came around and died thirty feet from my tree. They work good. I've switched to the N A P scorpions to see how they do.Ken
Old 06-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 06-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

As usual I can't get pics to post on this forum, but I have several of spitfire damage. As 5-shot can attest to , I have been using them successfully for years. I even made him try them on game instead of tires. I've gotten a passel of critters with them, including deer, bobcat, fox,turkeys,ground grizzlys. Never had one fail and excellant blood trails.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have killed a bunch of Deer with NAP Spitfires and they worked as advertised for me. High quality construction as expected from NAP.

I do like the Pro XP's a little better than the regular spitfire.

IMO as mechanicals go, they are one of the best.

Dan

Quick Reply: NAP Spitfire Experiences and Entry Holes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.