HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Would you? To Expound on Germs thread. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/249954-would-you-expound-germs-thread.html)

buckmaster 06-20-2008 11:06 AM

Would you? To Expound on Germs thread.

Your going hunting with a friend/relative at his place. He offers up his best spot to you. Do you take it?

txjourneyman 06-20-2008 11:09 AM

RE: Would you? To Expound on Germs thread.

Yes take me there. Because I would do the same for him and expect him to accept. Its a 2 way street, but then my friends know this.

BowHuntingFool 06-20-2008 11:13 AM

Sure would, I do my homework and share my knowledge and it pays off, I call it good karma! Everyone wins!:)

brucelanthier 06-20-2008 11:14 AM

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

Your going hunting with a friend/relative at his place. He offers up his best spot to you. Do you take it?
Just to differentiate a little: I don't offer my buddy the best spot, I just put him in it and tell him it's a great spot.

To answer your question: I am his "guest" so I go where he tells me. If he "offers" it to me then I am likely to take him up on his offer LOL ;).

silentassassin 06-20-2008 11:17 AM

Nope! I'll pick my own spots thank you. If I go set in your stand and kill it. I just killed a deer. I effectively killed your deer. You are the one that earned it, not me. I am not knocking anyone else, I am just saying that a deer that someone else put me on, wouldn't mean as much to me. I want look up at a rack on my wall and know that I earned that deer, that I outsmarted that deer; not that I really mounted a buck that my buddy earned.

buckmaster 06-20-2008 11:20 AM

IDK, I would feel terrible if i killed a monster on someone elses land that they had been hunting.... I just couldnt do it. You bring me over, put me on a doe, and I'll be kid under the tree at Christmas.

130woodman 06-20-2008 11:35 AM

If somebody invites you to hunt and insists you take the best stand and the big buck walks under it and you don't take it. I think I would be insulted. If I don't want anybody to shoot that buck besides me I wouldn't invite anybody to hunt.It's a chance you take when other people hunt with you. I'm happy for anybody that shoots a deer on my place as long as it fits into the management program.

GMMAT 06-20-2008 11:41 AM

If somebody invites you to hunt and insists you take the best stand and the big buck walks under it and you don't take it. I think I would be insulted. If I don't want anybody to shoot that buck besides me I wouldn't invite anybody to hunt.It's a chance you take when other people hunt with you. I'm happy for anybody that shoots a deer on my place as long as it fits into the management program.
Aaron:

For future reference.....read this, again....and take note.

Shoot the buck;)

Schultzy 06-20-2008 11:49 AM

Nope I'd tell that person that I haven't put the work in that they did and I do not deserve the oppertunity. If they took it as an insult I would obviously respect there wishes and do as told.

The 1st thing that came to mind on this thread was that if the person who owns the land knows his woods and deer hunting why would anyone of us 2nd guess on the idea of choosing a different spot on our own? I would sit in any one of his set ups but its beyond me why someone would go out on there own and set up in someone else's property that they do not know. Heck you would probably make it worse for everyone by doing it your way instead of the guy who is offering any particular stand.

buckmaster 06-20-2008 11:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Nope I'd tell that person that I haven't put the work in that they did and I do not deserve the oppertunity. If they took it as an insult I would obviously respect there wishes and do as told.

The 1st thing that came to mind on this thread was that if the person who owns the land knows his woods and deer hunting why would anyone of us 2nd guess on the idea of choosing a different spot on our own? I would sit in any one of his set ups but its beyond me why someone would go out on there own and set up in someone else's property that they do not know. Heck you would probably make it worse for everyone by doing it your way instead of the guy who is offering any particular stand.
But from expounding from germs who expounded from DT, it was said, "best stand" Not intented to run through the woods finding a place to set up:D