Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 06-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are you a GREEDY hunter ?

I understand what you're saying now DT. More or less the fence is still crossable for the deer, but used as a deterrant. Kinda like blocking trails with tree limbs. I see where you're comin from now.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-20-2008, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

No, not at all. I have invited people to hunt with me on many occasions and never have tried to "hide" anything.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not saying Im greedy, just dont like other people knowing where im hunting and whats in there....
Old 06-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

No, not at all. I have invited people to hunt with me on many occasions and never have tried to "hide" anything.
I hear ya TX, to me hunting is not about being greedy, I don't think the two words should be used in the same sentence!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Droptine - all I know is that if you ever barged into one of the farms that I hunt - and started throwing your weight around, acting like you owned the place and trying to pressure everyone else out of there...

It wouldn't be a week before you found your pickup truck with four flats, a gas tank full of sand, and no windows left.

You wouldn't do that stuff around here. I can assure you.

A lot of the farmers around here will let you hunt, if you ask nicely and treat them good... But about the first time you bump into one of his acquaintances in the woods that he's also given permission to hunt- and get snippy with them - you've earned yourself a one-way ticket home. No passing go. No collecting $200.

The fact is, when a landowner gives you oral license to enter his land - he's NOT giving you oral license to treat his other licensees with contempt. Likewise, he's not giving you license to attempt to disrupt his neighbors' hunting ventures, or permission to put up fences, post signs or cut trees down.

I've heard you talk about land enough times to know that you tend to go WAY outside the bounds of decency with regard to the way you treat people, their land, and their neighbors.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Dominant Buck

I used to be accused of being "greedy"....because I didn't see anything wrong with asking people to come into my woods and ONLY take what I said they could.....which was does.

Conversations in this forum, last season, changed my outlook. It wasn't that I was being too much of a tyrant with the land I hunt.....it was in my choice of true "friends".

I've had the PLEASURE of opening up my woods to a couple HNI'ers....and I tell them, NOW....that they have free reign to take ANY ANIMAL they choose. I'll help 'em track it (been there).....drag it out (done that)....and snap their kill photos (gladly).

I look forward to sharing my woods with more of you in the future......starting this fall. I hope to have AT LEAST 4-5 HNI'ers hunt with me, then, and the rule applies......"take what you want". I'll even film if the woods are crowded.....and be JUST FINE with that.

It's JUST a deer

Old 06-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's JUST a deer

Exactly! My relations with other humans means so much more to me.

Also I don't think I've ever used the term "my deer" unless it was dead and wearing my tag!
Old 06-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

It's JUST a deer

Exactly! My relations with other humans means so much more to me.

Also I don't think I've ever used the term "my deer" unless it was dead and wearing my tag!
Exactly! I guess all the Waddell-wannabe's will never get it

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.