Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If money & time were no object >

If money & time were no object

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If money & time were no object

Old 06-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default If money & time were no object

The ultimate hunt thread sparked my curiosity. So if money & time was no object

Would you travel around and expand your bow hunting experiences or would you be content to just buy your hunting paradise share it with others (or not) and hunt it for the rest of your days? Would you still mostly focus on whitetails, or would you try out other critters?

Honestly if I hit the lottery for $100 of millions, the wily whitetail would plummet like a rock on my list.

In a rough order, I would want to hit the following places/hunt the following animals, and then determine which ones I’d like to keep participating in:
Africa
New Zealand
Elk-Apply for tags in every state that has em
Moose-Alaska or wherever I needed to go.
Black Bear-Spring or fall, bait or spot & stalk, I’d try it all. I think the pacific NW would be a cool location to start first, but I’d go wherever
Mountain lion- nuff said.
Turkey-I’d make a springtime tour of as many states as I could get thru.
Hit the prime whitetail areas(Iowa, KS, Canada, Florida <seeing who is really reading, Illinois, etc)
Pronghorn
Hunt coyotes in various states
Mulies
Hogs
I suppose I’d try a sheep hunt, but those really don’t grab my attention that much.

And not to be forgotten in the mean time I’d be fishing for smallmouths, trout, char, & salmon. New Zealand, Argentina, Canada, Alaska, out west, & all over. I’d probably try some sturgeon fishing, pike & some deep sea fishing just to see what it was like.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:53 AM

Default RE: If money & time were no object

Africa (I like Giraffe meat)
Alaska (whatever comes my way)
Argentina (birds)
Illinois, Iowa, KS, Canada, (Whitetail)
Alberta Bear
New Zeland (Red Stag)

Thats just of the top of my head.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:53 AM
Dominant Buck

To be honest, Rybo.....I'd probably become more of a fisherman than a world-traveling hunter. You can get into off-shore fishing (run and gun.....the type I'd be interested in)for less than a $.25M.....and do it, right.

I'd be content to hunt the animals I hunt, right here at home, forever.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd like to hunt somewhere that has a high deer density. Never tried that before, so that would be fun, even if the deer were considerably smaller. I'd go to Argentina to dove hunt every year. I enjoy dove hunting more than deer, so that would be a must. I'd probably go somewhere to catch some really big bass, since a 4 pounder turns heads around here. I'd love to have one on the wall that goes 15+.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd stick with the whitetails [8D]I lack any and all interest in elk, bearetc etccompared to whitetails.

I would probably buy a decent sized chunk of quality land, but still hunt other areas also.... I never want to be stuck hunting the same piece of ground over and over no matter how good the land is.
[/align]
Old 06-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would more than content to purchase a farm and start growing my deer right here at home. Other than Elk, there really is not much more I would be interested in hunting. However, building a whitetail paradise and sharing it with family and friends would be more than enough to keep me happy. Also, it does my heart good to see you kept Illinois off of your list rybohutner!
Old 06-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hit the prime whitetail areas(Iowa, KS, Canada, Florida <seeing who is really reading, Illinois, etc)
It's in there. Right after my "florida" decoy to see if people were really reading the list

Honestly if I was asked this question 10, even 5 years ago I probably would have said I'd just keep hunting deer, and go to Argentina & New Zealandfor brown trout. But once I started learning & exploring new places, I just want to keep doing so.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

One of my main goals in life it so buy a lot of land, I think 1000 acres of whitetail paradise would do it.....and I would manage it for monster bucks!

Not sure if I would outfit it.....I think between myself, father, sons to come etc....we'd be able to handle it, though I do forsee possibly having guys hunt does on it.....and/or management bucks, course a management buck by then could be a 150" 4.5yr old,s o I'm sure some guys would like to take that.

Not just for hunting though, farming, etc....just everything that goes with land/farms, but I would make it the best whitetail facility I could.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:10 AM

Whitetails would still be high on my priority list. A few places I would go to hunt them are;

Montana, along the Milk River
Kansas
Iowa
South Dakota
Ohio

Outside of the whitetail, I would travel to;

Alaska to hunt pretty much whatever, and spend some time fishing.
Canada to bowhunt Caribou
Montana, Colorado, and New Mexico to bowhunt Elk
Somewhere to bowhunt moose and bison

Outside of hunting, I would go off shore fishing. I've always wanted to catch a big ole tuna, or a marlin, maybe a big tarpon. Among many others.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yukon Moose
New Mexico Jicarilla Elk

With Longbow or Recurve

Quick Reply: If money & time were no object

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.