Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 who makes the best HUNTING arrow? >

who makes the best HUNTING arrow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who makes the best HUNTING arrow?

Old 06-19-2008, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default who makes the best HUNTING arrow?

I already have my 3D arrows so now its time to get some hunting arrows, So who makes the best? whats the best brand and what makes them the best? I imagine some people will have their favorite brand just because thats what they use but how about some facts to support your choice? Im looking for the information to support an opinion i guess.

Thanks

Ryan.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:41 AM

Default RE: who makes the best HUNTING arrow?

IMHO, there are 2. Carbon Express Maxima Hunter, and the Easton ACC. The tolerances of both are very tight and the manufacturing process of both is incredible. The ACC has been around a long, long time, and that's not w/out good reason. I would have to say the Maxima Hunter edges them out by just a touch, strictly due to their spine consistency. The way CX makes their arrows causes a very consistent spine.

There are, I'm sure, others that are very good also. But, I have no first hand knowledge of them so I can't speak intelligently on those.....
Old 06-19-2008, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good answer very well informed, thats what I am hoping for, Thank you.

Ryan
Old 06-19-2008, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm going to be shooting Victory's to hunt with this year. Last year I hunted with GoldTip Pro Hunters, and CX Maxima Hunters. Both were great arrows, I'm not a fan of the CX Bulldog Collars. Put a Uni Bushing in them and it'd be NICE!

I'm shooting the Victory VForce HV .350's (a little overspined, but it was intentional) Cut a little long at 28" with Uni Bushings, wraps, and Duravane Predator vanes.

Weighing in around 330 gr, leaving my #60 Mossy Oak X at 300fps. [8D]
Old 06-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Carbon Force X-Weave Pro's(PSE).I use them for both Target and Hunting.
I've shot these through 3/4 plywood and the arrow was fine.Go to their website and check out the tolerances,Some of the tightest made.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:39 AM

I have knowledge on 2 dif arrows radial x weave which are I will agree with gplant you shoot them through 3/4 ply wood they stay together except if you shoot them through 1/4 ply wood the will snap every single time. I shoot gold tips nowbecuase theirreasonable priced for a arrow with that kind of straightness and the strongest arrow I have every seen. I have used them over and over again and just every time I do something dumb I cant get over on how strong they are.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Models vary depending on what sort of set up you like.... but they are all made by one company:

Easton.

I think the XX78 for aluminum guys, the Axis for carbon folks, and either the ACC or FMJ (ACCS for guys who want to shoot a little faster and FMJs for guys who want a heavier set up). Any of those four, in my opinion... they sit at the top of their class.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it's a matter of personal opinion. I've shot some expensive arrows and some REALLY cheap arrows, and I've settled into Cabela's Carbon Stalker Extremes for durability, quality, and price. The only ones I've busted were arrows that were shot into immovable objects, and arrows that were "Robinhooded." And at $50-60/dozen, if one gets trashed, I'm not out that much.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:03 AM

I only have experience with Gold Tip 5575 hunters and Carbon Express Terminator 4560's. The Terminators fly betterbut the Gold Tips are stronger. Does anyone know if the Maxima Hunters would be any tougher then the Terminators?
Old 06-19-2008, 11:09 AM

I use cx maximas, but also like the Carbon force X-Weaves, Then Gold Tips. All are light and tough

Quick Reply: who makes the best HUNTING arrow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.