Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I got one word about the QAD Ultra Rest! >

I got one word about the QAD Ultra Rest!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I got one word about the QAD Ultra Rest!

Old 06-18-2008, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I got one word about the QAD Ultra Rest!

SWEET!
Actually I have ALOT more to say about this rest.

I have always been a big fan of the Whisker Biscuit rest but I decided to change, change is good right? I decided to try out the Quality Archery Design (QAD) Ultra Rest. I bouth the lower end rest, the Ultra Hunter. It is the cheapest of the few they make and it was ONLY $50.00 compared to the other models inwhich were upward of $120. The ONLY difference from the QAD Ultra Hunter and the more expensive models is that the Hunter doesn't have a harmonic damper and it's not camoflauge. Big Deal!
Now how it shoots and sounds. As soon as my local archery shop pro installed it I took it home and launched a few arrows. Man, what a difference, it is absolutely more quiter than the Biscuit and the accuracy is unbelievable. My patterns at 20 yards were amazing to me and was a big difference from my (now OLD) Whisker Biscuit. Don't get me wrong, I love my Whisker Biscuit and it's still a darn good rest and very, very reliable and dependable but after trying the QAD Ultra I am a Happy Camper. Believe me, if you try this rest you'll be glad you did.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:41 PM

Default RE: I got one word about the QAD Ultra Rest!

I agree Ridge, got 'em on both my bows
Old 06-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same for me. I love mine too!!
Old 06-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

great, glad to see you converted. it is a sweet rest
Old 06-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

looks nice, is that padding on the rest? standard? additional?

was considering a drop away.....was pretty sold on a limb driver.....but that looks nice, chose to stay with my current rest though....NAP quicktune, never liked the buscuit.....too much contact for my liking.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

looks nice, is that padding on the rest? standard? additional?

was considering a drop away.....was pretty sold on a limb driver.....but that looks nice, chose to stay with my current rest though....NAP quicktune, never liked the buscuit.....too much contact for my liking.

the padding comes with the rest and all you have to do is put it on. It's a very nice rest. Super quiet!
Old 06-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

The padding (moleskin) comes with it, you just have to peel the backing and apply it. It (rest) also comes with a spare cradle. My archery shop pro tied (served) the tether string to the bus cord instead of the included brackets. Shoots great and super quiet.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:57 PM

I HAVE A HIGH COUNTRY ARCHERY TSSR bow that I just bought. Will this rest fit on it? it has one threaded hole about an inch above the flat part that a rest usually sits above. Does anyone else have one of these bows and can they recommend me any setup?
Old 06-18-2008, 11:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I switched earlier in the spring......... and took my first black bear with it already. No more sound when I draw........ shhhhh went the WB. Now my WB will go to a new archer..... already picked the guy. He's shooting a prong rest and I watched him shoot the other day. He needs full containment. Bye-bye WB. Hello QAD Ultra
Old 06-19-2008, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

The ONLY difference from the QAD Ultra Hunter and the more expensive models is that the Hunter doesn't have a harmonic damper and it's not camoflauge. Big Deal!

Actually the other models have lock down mechanisms that prevent them from bouncing back up.

Quick Reply: I got one word about the QAD Ultra Rest!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.