Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting DVD Industry >

Bowhunting DVD Industry

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting DVD Industry

Old 06-18-2008, 02:17 PM

Default Bowhunting DVD Industry

Do you guys buy as many hunting dvd's as you once did?

I've always religiously bought my favorites but I get a little tired of the trend of the various teams spreading their best prodcution over more and more dvd's.

I want to buy Monster Bucks and have the best Realtree hunts. Primos the Truth and have theirs.

I don't want twelve dvd's from each of them with the guys I've gotten to know spread out betweenevery extended family membor and sponsor to fill productions.

I kind of enjoy getting to know the guys I feel are the best and seeing their seasons.

I guess DVR/Tivo doesn't help. I'm more likely to have recorded and watched some of them before they are released.

It's all good I guess.

Thoughts?

Old 06-18-2008, 02:33 PM

Default RE: Bowhunting DVD Industry

I have several dvds but they are for entertainment only, none for educational purposes. I don't really put a lot into these videos b/c they hunting places that I never will look at or even dream about.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

very few......

occasionally if someone has a shipping only......or giving away or something like that....promoting their new dvd....and its $5....ill check it out.

I see enough hunts on tv.....when I draw a special tag somewhere, I try to get some sort of educational dvd on that specie.....

so perhaps a elk hunting/learning to call elk dvd....

currently looking for a bison dvd.....

also get a free one per year with my eastmans' subscription it seems....so the dvd collection grows on its own....

Old 06-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have about 30 of them sitting around my headquarters.Most of them are great quality video's. I don't buy them NEARLY as often as I once did though. Too pricey.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

I haven't bought any dvd's because i have over 50 vhs tapes.I realy didn't want to start over and besides they were getting exspensive.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:45 AM
Fork Horn

arrow... i would find someone to convert those to DVD if i were you.. a cousin/nephew or someone thats really good with Tech.. it would really be worth it!! you should look into that.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

You just need to watch the right DVD's...
Old 06-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Dominant Buck

You just need to watch the right DVD's...
WKP....you're right. And from everything I've heard about you guys work (video work).... you're doing it the right way.

I'm just afraid you guys missed the boat, (timing-wise). I wish you'd gotten into this maybe 5-7 yrs ago.

I hope I'm wrong...and you're right. Good luck with it.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

I follow the Primetime buck videos and try to pick up the new 1 every year. I like that they show more than just the killand they explain there hunting spots,stand placements, and other information.

My problem with alot of the dvd's is that they are always hunting on farms as well and that takes the interest out of it. I would like to find a dvd set where it is fair chase in the wildto see how many big bucks they can kill year after year. Even Primetime bucks are all located on Outfitters.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:21 AM

Not like I once did. I was a fan of Monster Bucks (note I said, WAS ) and will watch them on ESPN 2 sometimes, but I've now got the Sportsman Channel, which I really like. It's MOSTLY just average guys like us out hunting. No big money behind it, no fancy productions....

There are a couple I will continue to purchase every year though. WKP's videos are freakin sweet, and I'm a Realtree Roadtrips fan. I buy each season when it comes out.

I USED to like Drury outdoors, but they are just WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too rich for my blood anymore. I may get their 100% Wild/Fair Chase again this year though...but that would be it.

Quick Reply: Bowhunting DVD Industry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.