Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Prejudice - Version 2.0 >

Prejudice - Version 2.0

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Prejudice - Version 2.0

Old 06-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Prejudice - Version 2.0

So today, I'm driving in to work - and this hillbilly guy goes roaring past in his jacked-up rustbucket pickup truck. He's spitting in a Mt. Dew bottle and has a white-knuckle grip on the wheel with the free hand. Pure gasoline is dripping out his tailpipe, and this vehicle hasn't passed an honest emissions test since it rolled off the assembly line.

Anyway, this tard is sporting a camo hat (sitting high with v-fold) - going for the"trucker look."He had some kind of indian dreamcatcher thing dangling from the mirror. Apparently, he thinks he's an indian. To top off the wholeensemble, hisback window was laid out with every possible retardedhunting sticker:
[ul][*]Give 'Em The Shaft (Muzzy)[*]Size Matters[*]Rackaholic[*]Speak the Language (Primos)[*]Lungbuster[*]Deer Prints[*]Turkey Tracks[*]Bear Tracks[*]Rebel Flag[/ul]

This schmuck is like a walking, talking stereotype. I couldn't see him from the neck down, but I'm saying the smart money is on: nut huggers (complete with coin slot),huge gutand dumb hunting T-shirt. At least 2 dui's. 4 illegitimate kids. 2 ex-wives. Collecting disability.

Am I wrong for hoping that he choked on his snuff spit?

So I followed behind him for a few miles, kinda getting a laugh as he weaved through traffic in some kind of huge hurry. Seriously. What is wrong with people? Do you think he even knows that Pennsylvania was a Union state? That we fought against the confederacy? He's headed into acity called UNION-Town for chrissakes. LMAO I doubt it.

...and just as I'm about to dismiss myself as being over-critical of people - a skoal can flies out the passenger's side window and bounces down the road.

Guess I was right. Slimebag.

Am I the only one that does it? Judge people? I'll admit it - I'm especially tough on our fellow "hunters."
Sometime within this past year, I posted this, and we had a pretty good discussion about stereotypes, intelligence, and our fellow hunters. Threads were locked. Soft egos were bruised. Feelings were hurt. Some of you guys said that his Majesty was over-reacting. Surely, he was making too much of a tinymicrocosm of events. Whatev.

Since then, I've been watching. Listening. Taking it all in.

Now, this is directed at nobody in particular, but the more I watch, the more I realize that the stereotypes are all true.

Let's all note the undeniable and unexcusable decrease in the quality of posts here as of late. This forum used to feature some of the brightest whitetail hunting minds in the continental U.S., where I could click through the threads and actually learn things. And if I wasn't learning something, I was at least engorgedby thoughtful,intelligent hunting-relateddiscussion. It was nice to be surrounded by smart people who shared the same interests and passion. Things have gone downhill.

Hear me out.

Over the past year or so, this place has turnedinto a barren landscape ofhorrible grammar, broken spellcheckersand overall mental midgetry. An internet trailerpark, if you will. I feel like the intelligence level of the average post has dropped by 20 I.Q. points, at least. Some of this stuff is just so dumb that it actually sucks at my brain. My brain cells commit suicide when they see some of this crap. Seriously.

So, I challenge all of you to start going the extra mile to bring something intelligent oramusingto the table. We're not looking for National Geographic editorials here, just some semblance of an intelligent being behind the keyboard.

Furthermore, I challenge a lot of our elderstatesmen to try to post a little more regularly andrediscover what it was that made this forum a good place to be, and a great place to talk hunting with the top authorities on the subject.

And bring back Atlasman.

Truly Yours

The King

Old 06-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Prejudice - Version 2.0

Screw intelligent discussion, post some more pics of the king with hot topless gals on the beach
Old 06-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Screw intelligent discussion, post some more pics of the king with hot topless gals on the beach
What he said!
Old 06-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

i am still learning alot on here. i am a rookie if you will to archery so im sure thats why but all is not lost yet. tho i do think with broadheads i agree to disagree and am still waiting for my first archery deer and i am enjoying the forum although i think your snuff spittin dude was a poor example of the sport.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Dominant Buck

You stole my line.

You're excused.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quite honestly, I agree quik.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

http://www.ladyofthecake.com/mel/wor...s/goodking.wav

Old 06-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Chirp Chirp Chirp Chirp

[&o][]

Let the record show that Joe is the man.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with this mind set to a certain degree. I think you need to remind yourself that not everybody is a lawer, and that some guys/gals are new to hunting and may have a tendency to ask silly/stupid questions in an effort to learn more about this sport. As far as stereotyping goes, I think fools do that, as looks can be decieving. You (The King)should know thisby now.
It's a good thing people don't judge you by your deer kills, or you could be held in verylow esteem.Just "for the record" I think that post about
the hillbilly is hilarious!!
Old 06-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't really post here that much, I literally made up a thread about how everyone kinda sounded like a bunch of women and it got deleted within a few minutes.
I'm done here though, I have no reason to post in the all knowing domain of deer hunting, due to the fact that I understand some people may be more intelligent than I.

Quick Reply: Prejudice - Version 2.0

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.