Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 To shoot or not to shoot...that is the question? >

To shoot or not to shoot...that is the question?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

To shoot or not to shoot...that is the question?

Old 06-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

Default RE: To shoot or not to shoot...that is the question?

Whack em' and stack em'.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

I would say the back one is definately close to 140. Hard to tell. Maybe with deductions he wouldn't but he would probably be my target. I should mention that these are not deer on my hunting land. This is just a pic I recieved this morning explaining he would crap himself if he saw these bucks together. We were talking QDMA and which ones were shooters. I thought the buck on the far right has a huge body with not much for head ware but give him a year or two and he wouldbe abull.Anyway, I was just curious of all you guys' input...thanks.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

As good as those racks look, last year they would have walked (in Northern MO). This year there should be alot more mass and any of them would get the shaft.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

I am not sure if any of those guys would go 140. If that is your goal, this passing this year would be the best choice. As for me, I would look at the front right one pretty hard, good spread, but I would still like a better look at him. I would say for most people, all four are shooters. Just remember, it really does not matter what anyone on this board things. If you think it is good enough for you, take him, if not, let him walk. Your hunt, your choice!
Pretty much my thoughts!

I passed around 6 bucks that size last year in IL. but ended up the year holding my IL. buck tag.

I did have a close encounter with a super nice Buck but the shot just never presented itself. Bowhunting and what to shoot is a personal thing.

I'd shake anybody's hand that took any of those bucks because if they are happy, I'm Happy for them!

Dan
Old 06-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd take any one of those deer--most likely theirsons too
Old 06-17-2008, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

They would all be great bucks where I hunt here in Pa, and I'd be happy to take any of them. That one in the back is the big boy in the group for sure. He looks right around 140". He wouldget mounted!
Old 06-17-2008, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

the first one that walked by me with my bow in my hands is goin down....
Old 06-17-2008, 03:33 PM

All 4 are respectable bucks for sure. Shoot what makes you happy.Me, I'd hold out for #4 . . . but Ilive in Ohio
Old 06-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd take any of them if I were hunting in my home state of Michigan.

If I were hunting in Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Texas, or Iowa, I would take the big one and let the other three walk.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Typical Buck

I would shoot any one of the four, and I would be reloading to try for a second one. Where I hunt in Upstate NY any one of the four would win the big buck contest at my bow shop with room to spare. But I agree with the general consensus that you should shoot what makes you happy. God bless those of you that are disciplined enough to pass up bucks like these, I dunno how you do it haha

Quick Reply: To shoot or not to shoot...that is the question?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.