Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 travel trailer rental >

travel trailer rental

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

travel trailer rental

Old 06-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default travel trailer rental

I'm headed back to kansas this fall and we usually get a room in a hotel about 30 minutes from the places we hunt. This year to have more hunting time and save gas money, I'm thinking of renting a travel trailer. Something small with heat, toilet and shower. Maybe a popup. I'd like to pick it up in KS on the way to keep from towing it from KY. Anyone ever do this and have any recomendations?
Old 06-15-2008, 09:14 PM

Default RE: travel trailer rental

Bow hunting Dave?

Good Luck....I gotta talk with you soon, give me a call later on this week on your day off.

I drop the boat off tomorrow if things go as planned.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

The problem with being in a trailer, unless you're in a campground with full hookups, is going to be waste water storage capacity and electricity. A small camper is going to have small holding tanks. Our family of 3 taking very conservative showers, washing dishes, etc can easily fill our 40gal grey water tank in 4 days. You've gotta be able to shower when you're hunting so I can see this being a problem. Also, without hookups, you'll be running all of the lights,etc on battery power. Two batteries will get you thru maybe 4-5 days if you are really careful.

Either way, without hookups you will run out space and power long before a week of hunting is up. If you are not boondocking and are in a campground with full water, electric and sewer hookups there should be no problems. You won't save anything on gas by towing it from Ky, so unless you can rent it in Ks I wouldn't bother.

Good luck!
Shaun
Old 06-16-2008, 09:37 AM

I think the big box shops like Bass Pro are selling the non-scent cleaning wipes, spray and all of that good stuff in an affordable package these days for guys who have to rough it for 4 or 5 days. Just pack enough fresh clothes and wipe up! LOL

Seriously.....
Old 06-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Think I found a place right on I70 that rents them. It was too late to call today so I'll give em a call tommorow. I've still got to locate a campground with hookups.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yo brother...what dates are you going?? I still have to wait until the draw to see if I'm in.

Kel
Old 06-17-2008, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

Sometime during the first 2 weeks of nov, probably head out around the 4th. My buddy shouldn't have a problem drawing, he had 2 points going in. I think I've located a trailer, now just got to figure out where to park it. John's B-I-L Tony may have a bunkhouse built by then and has invited us to stay there if it's done. If not I'm hoping he'll let us park it there. Good luck with the lottery, if you don't draw, you're welcome to go run camera for me