Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Muzzy Phantom Broadheads >

Muzzy Phantom Broadheads

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy Phantom Broadheads

Old 06-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Muzzy Phantom Broadheads

Anyone try these? If so, what were your results? If you have pics, that would be great. I am gonna give em a whirl.

Thanks, LT

Old 06-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Muzzy Phantom Broadheads

I haven't put them thru any game, but here is my take on them. They fly great. Getting the bleeder blades out is a HUGE pain. Practicing with them lots of foam & debris gets stuck in them more than I expected. And I bent a main blade on one just hitting the plastic where the leg meets the foam on my deer target.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is strange rybo. I have read nothing but glowing reviews elsewhere. I guess it is what it is though.

You ain't suppose to shootem' in the leg. Lol just kiddin.

Thanks, LT
Old 06-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea that's why I tried em out too. I certainly wouldn't be afraid to shoot them at a deer, that's for sure, just saying some minor issues I had with them.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

I haven't had a chance to take an animal with the Muzzy Phantom yet, but I do know this.
Ever heard of Bob Lee Recurves? Their manufacturing building is in Jacksonville, TX.....about 25 min. from my house. Bob Lee's son Rob Lee hunts hogs (big ones) during the spring/summer months about 20 feet up in a tree close to a feeder. Last time I talked to him, he was shooting a 57-58lb. recurve with Beeman MFX 400's and 125 gr. Muzzy Phantoms.
He said that combo does a good job of penetrating through the hogs shield and giving him a good low exit wound. I know he's tried lots of broadheads, but everytime I've stopped by the shop to look at his bows, his personal bow is always hanging there with a quiver full of Phantoms.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know its cause he's affiliated with them, but Fred Eichler shoots em and has killed a lot of critters too.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used the 200 grain (no bleeder)Phantom and it flew great and passed through. They are easy to sharpen or re-sharpen. I will be using them as my primary deer broadhead again this year. They are no better or worse than any other decent broadhead out there and, if I do my job, they are just as deadly as any other decent broadhead out there. Like I said, they fly great, hit with my fieldpoints and are durable. I used them to practice with during the season for hundreds of shots into a rinehart 18:1 and a yellowjacket BH target and had zero problems with them. Besides, I love the way they look on my arrows .
Old 06-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was going to bring up Fred... you're right; he's obviously affiliated with them, but he could shoot any Muzzy of his choice -- and he's taken a LOT of animals with the Phantoms. He just completed the same Super Slam with traditional gear that Chuck Adams made famous using mostly if not all Phantoms.

I've got a pack on the wall, but haven't opened them yet. I'm looking forward to shooting something with them though. It's also the head that Matt / PA took his PA bruiser with last year.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

They did very well in my broadhead tests. They are strong sharp and accurate, not to mention they make a nice big hole with the bleeder blades installed.

Quick Reply: Muzzy Phantom Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.