Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How long will sheds last? >

How long will sheds last?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How long will sheds last?

Old 02-27-2003, 11:18 AM

Default How long will sheds last?

After deer drop their antlers how long is it before rodents eat them? What is the time period between the time they are dropped until they are gone?
Old 02-27-2003, 11:23 AM

Default RE: How long will sheds last?

Depends on how quick the critters find them and what critter finds them. A few weeks at best.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:59 PM

sounds right to me for what that' s worth.
Old 02-27-2003, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

it depends on the area id think....but i always hear of people finding shed from last year like during early fall scouting and things like that...so some can last a while..i will be out soon as the snows gone...
Old 02-27-2003, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

It really depends on all the variables involved. I have several sheds that have made it a year with very little chews and them some sheds that have the blood ring on the pedical and they have been chewed on immediately.

I just found a shed last weekend that is a match to a shed I found two season ago. It was laying tines down burried in the dirt by a blow down lodge pole pine. I was stepping through and over the blowdowns when I felt my foot kick something under the tree and in the beargrass. Sure enough totally preserved. The other side to the buck (his shed) I had at home in which I had pick up on that same ridge just 50 yards away two years prior. Last season I had found his next set. So now I have two sets. 00 and 01, currently looking for his 02 set now. I have a picture I am gonna attatch if I can get this thing to load...of the shed I found Sunday and then the four together.

I just tried uploading......grrr..says file is too large! If ya wanna see the sheds email me at [email protected] I will send ya a photo...

Good luck
Shed
Old 02-28-2003, 04:52 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]