Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How early do you get in your stand >

How early do you get in your stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How early do you get in your stand

Old 06-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How early do you get in your stand

One hour before sunrise ...
Old 06-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Dominant Buck

I've been in my stand as early as 3:30 (just went to stand instead of going to bed). I HAVE to get in there early in my favorite spot to beat them coming home. It's a transition area.

I've never heard of a legitimate downside to getting in too early......so I go early. It's some of the best sleep I've ever gotten at that time, too.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:31 PM

so the guys that get in early what do you do before daybreak? I just sit and listen and count the minutes before shooting time
Old 06-07-2008, 03:36 PM

1/2 hr before light, sometimes I cut it closer though!! I hate morning hunts anyway, I love the afternoon.....
Old 06-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Typical Buck

Thats about all I do too.I like to picture the hunt in my head.I try and tune into every twig snap or leaf movement andtry and figure out what made the sound without being able to see it.When the sun comes up and I can see all my senses are tweek'd and on high alert.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowtech.tribute

In the morning i like to get in my stand well before dark. I make as little noise as possible, but just like to be in stand and ready at day break. when do you arrive at your stand in the morning?
Do you mean well before light?? Just giving you a hard time bowtech!

As for me half hour to 45 minutes before light works for me. Sometimes its later being I don't want to get my butt up, usually happens when its December and its around 0 degree's.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:59 PM

It's hard to think about a zero degree day now, My meter topped out at 100 deg today!!! It will be 104 on Monday, and that ain't index, that's the real temp!!!! fun!!
Old 06-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I've been in my stand as early as 3:30 (just went to stand instead of going to bed). I HAVE to get in there early in my favorite spot to beat them coming home. It's a transition area.

I've never heard of a legitimate downside to getting in too early......so I go early. It's some of the best sleep I've ever gotten at that time, too.
Jeff, I shore hope you have your safety harness on when you snooze!!
Old 06-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

95% of the time im in before sunrise. One of the best things about being our in mother natures world is to listen to everything wake up!

Really it depends on the wind, precipitation, and which area I want to hunt. Some take time to get to so I like to get in about 4:30 in case I run into to some coming towards my location. Fortunately I have at least 5 good stands up with all of the above being the determining factor. I have had really crappy mornings with nothing but squirrels and crows, and fantastic evening hunts catching them either in rut chasing doe or on their way to the food source.

Personally I would rather get into the woods at about 1 pm and wait for the afternoon action. All of my deer kills were in the afternoon.

This clover/chickory field was planted in late april. I went in today to check cameras and the clover has grown several inches since this picture was taken. I will wait a week and cut it, and cage a part to see how bad they are nailing it, but it mostly a nocturnal thing with the deer around here. Im hoping that the afternoons will give me an opportunity to harvest a nice buck guarding this secret spot.

Quick Reply: How early do you get in your stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.