Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Done testing-Buying my bow TODAY! Tip needed >

Done testing-Buying my bow TODAY! Tip needed

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Done testing-Buying my bow TODAY! Tip needed

Old 06-05-2008, 08:21 AM

Default Done testing-Buying my bow TODAY! Tip needed

Well after testing three Matthews, three Parkers, one PSE, one Reflex, one HOYT, two Diamonds, and two Bowtechs the winner is--bowtech Allegiance. Even though the shop was not to kind to the binary cams I love the feel, pull and especially the positive stop at the end. My least favorite was the hoyt and reflex which I thought I would really like. You all were right, even being a newbie there was a noticeable difference in feel.

I have decided on most of the trimmings like a whisker biscuit, and a soft lock three quiver etc.. but I cannot seem to narrow it down on a sight. Do you have any suggestions for a sight to compliment the bow I chose? Second I was thinking of getting the carbon express weight forward arrows(terminator, or Maxima), are they a good choice? Thanks Travis.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:28 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Done testing-Buying my bow TODAY! Tip needed

Nice choice.

I second trying the QAD for the same reasons.

For sights, if you like a super bright single pin sight, I would recommend the HHA Optimizer-Lite 5500 or 5519, the difference being an .030 diameter pin or a .019 pin. I prefer the latter.

Another great single-pin is an Impact Cosmic.

I don't have any multi-pin recommendations since I haven't used them for years.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:36 AM

Sound like a good choice. Ive heard that they are great bows.

Do you ant a single pin or multi pin sight?

If single pin HHA are great sights. If multi pin Spot Hogg, G5, truglo, cobra...ect. all make good sights just do some homework and pick which one is best for you.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:42 AM

I liked the simplicity of the single pin but was told that it was not so good for hunting. Do you hunt with yours. I also was told by a shop person that the qad ultra does not drop away fast enough for the really high speed bows, let me guess he did not know what he was talking about.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, I've heard those Allegiances are pretty sweet bows too.

There's a ton of good sights around the $100 range... even Spot Hogg has some nice ones around that price point, and I'm going from memory without looking them up, but the Bare Bones and the Real Deal may be close to that. Viper makes a decent one, as well as Extreme archery... heck, like I said, there's a boatload of decent sights out there.

Have fun with your new baby!!
Old 06-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry DT I say stick with the wisker biscuit. Great product as you mentioned and for someone just getting to bowhunting I think its a very good choice. I love the Spot Hog sights, but like Greg says, there are really allot of nice sights out there. Have fun and enjoy your new addiction : )

Great job on taking the time to test out all those bows, thats how its done
Old 06-05-2008, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

Yes, I do hunt with mine and have for a couple of years. It's a great hunting rest.

The QAD will work just fine for really fast bows. I have two Bowtechs (282 fps and 292 fps) and they work just fine. The key is the setup. My pro shop guy must know what he's doing because I've never had an issue.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:38 AM

Oh ya make sure you post pics! MAN LAW!!!!!
Old 06-05-2008, 09:51 AM

Formula I was actually wondering if you hunt with your single pin sight.

Quick Reply: Done testing-Buying my bow TODAY! Tip needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.