Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Never Bow Hunted - First Bow >

Never Bow Hunted - First Bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Never Bow Hunted - First Bow

Old 06-03-2008, 02:30 PM

Default Never Bow Hunted - First Bow

I have never bow hunted before and am thinking about purchasing a Diamond Justice with Trophy Ridge Hot Spot Sight and QAD Ultra Hunter drop away rest. Any comments on this bow or what to look for in a bow. The closest archery shop is a good 30-40 minute drive so I am probably going to be ordering this. Any advice would help.

Thanks
Old 06-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Never Bow Hunted - First Bow

Welcome to the forums. I now own my second Diamond and they are a top notch bow. That said I would highly advise you to get out and shoot as many different bows as you can before you buy. Whats right for one guy might not be right for you. Please at least make a trip to a pro shop to get fitted for a bow. Having the right equipment is critical. If your bow doesn't fit properly you may very well never be satisfied with it or how well you shoot it.
Also don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have. You will find a friendly helpful group here. (mostly)
Old 06-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you can go to the shop an shoot some of them. I think you would enjoy the trip alng with test driving a new bow.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

It would be nice if you could go shoot several models, but you can't go wrong with a Diamond.

Dan
Old 06-04-2008, 05:10 AM
Fork Horn

Diamonds are a great line of bows. It doesn't take the best bow on the market to kill a deer, find one that you like and is within your price range and you will be happy with it
Old 06-04-2008, 06:07 AM

Well, I think I am going to order the Diamond Justice. I figure if after this season I decide I don't like everything about the bow I can replace it next year. I know I should drive over to a store, but right now I don't really have an extra half day to get it done. I appreciate all of the responses and I look forward to more!

Thanks
Old 06-04-2008, 06:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do you know your drawlength?
Old 06-04-2008, 09:03 AM

I am going to order a 30 inch draw. I am 6'4" so that should be about right.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do yourself a favor. Get measured. At least do this. Stand against a wall and spread your arms, have someone measure from fingertip to fingertip. Divide that by 2. That will get you close.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Welcome to the forums. I now own my second Diamond and they are a top notch bow. That said I would highly advise you to get out and shoot as many different bows as you can before you buy. Whats right for one guy might not be right for you. Please at least make a trip to a pro shop to get fitted for a bow. Having the right equipment is critical. If your bow doesn't fit properly you may very well never be satisfied with it or how well you shoot it.
Also don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have. You will find a friendly helpful group here. (mostly)
X2

Quick Reply: Never Bow Hunted - First Bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.