Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

STOLEN!!!!

Old 06-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: STOLEN!!!!

that stinks i hope you catch him but highly unlikely. I bolt mine to the tree with a 10 " bolt through the back where you can't get a cutter. plus they are hardened and have a special bit to remove them
Old 06-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Someone must have followed my ribbon trail.
Sorry for your loss. Maybe get a GPS . Hope you catch the M&^%$$%r
Old 06-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another one here who removes the tape.
Illegal and unsightly as well.

Steve
Old 06-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hoyt Viper....I feel your pain and anger, a week agoI went out scouting a new area, and upon walking the edge of the field, the land owner drove through the field to see who I was, once he knew, he told me that a few days before, someone had driven in his muddy field rutting it all up, so he was just checking who I was....resumed walking and noticed the truck tracks stopped about where I usually cut into the woods at, on a hunch I went to check my stand, it's all gone...stand, climbing stick, bow hooks, everything. I assume someone mushroom hunting found it, and came back when the fields dried up a bit more. I'd LOVE to walking to my stand and see some idiot walking out with it....I promise you I would not hesitate to unload a Muzzy 100gr just below the knee.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

Droptine,

100% private leased land with me as the sole lessee!
Old 06-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

Another one here who removes the tape.
Illegal and unsightly as well.

Steve
I never planed on leaving the ribbon there. It was a way fo rme to locate where I was so I could make the second trip to spill the mineral and set up camera. On the way back I remove the ribbons, but the guy never gave me 24 hours to get set up and get bearings of where I set up. This is about 100 acres of hardwood and thick sapplings to get to where I was going. never planned on leaving a trail to my secret spot!
Old 06-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Dominant Buck

100 acres???? You really don't need to be marking stands with tape. It's an invitation to follow. If you feel you really have to, use some tacks and stop them when you get within 100 yards or so. Pick terrain features, openings, or something to follow. Why are you putting in stands in June? You're way early. And when you put them in I wouldn't be making trips in to sit in them to see what you can see. It creates a pattern and stink.

P.S. There is no such thing as a secret spot in 100 acres. LOL

P.P.S. Isn't it illegal to bait in Virginia???? Your minerals count as bait.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-03-2008, 05:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear that but you marked the path right to your stand I guess you have yourself to blame in a way..sorry about your loss.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

That bites - sorry too hear...
This is the major reason I do not mark my trails.
It invites curious people and there is probably a thief amongst a curious crowd.

Quick Reply: STOLEN!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.