Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are you FOR or AGAINST Whisker Biscuits? >

Are you FOR or AGAINST Whisker Biscuits?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are you FOR or AGAINST Whisker Biscuits?

Old 06-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Are you FOR or AGAINST Whisker Biscuits?

I had a WB on my Vulcan and because the bow has such a short brace height I could never get consistent shot patterns. i have switched tot a limbdriver now and like it a lot the only problem is now I am definetly the cause of inconsistent shots
Old 06-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've used one for 3 years now, no problems...
Old 06-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never shot one and did not like the idea when they first come out....Too much drag on your arrow for me!!!! If I were looking to go with a arrow containing style restI would go with bodoodle...I'm not against them per say but I won't ever shoot one...
Old 06-02-2008, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think one thing allot of guy don't think about is if there's freezing rain you drop away rest or any other rest that moves will also freeze. I use a drop away and find I'm more consistent then when I used my WB.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

I think one thing allot of guy don't think about is if there's freezing rain you drop away rest or any other rest that moves will also freeze. I use a drop away and find I'm more consistent then when I used my WB.
If you're concerned about that using a Biscuit, they have an odorless sprayproduct called "NO Snow" that takes care of that.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:54 AM

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

Never shot one and did not like the idea when they first come out....Too much drag on your arrow for me!!!! If I were looking to go with a arrow containing style restI would go with bodoodle...I'm not against them per say but I won't ever shoot one...
In all the testing I did, which included feathers and vanes of all sizes, finger and release shooting, carbons and aluminums...the biggest loss of speed (as compared to a "normal" rest) was 2.5 ft/sec. Mean speed lost was about 1 ft/s. Not enough for me to care about, but perhaps it is enough for some to fret over.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I used one with quick spins and they all got ripped off, i used 2 different types of glue and even had a pro shop fletch them once, and they still fell off.

definitely against
Old 06-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love mine, not as much as quicksilver does though lol.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quicksilver, I knew I loved my WB for a reason...

Kickin' buck, care to elaborate on this quote "to include the piece of mind to not have to look down atyour rest when a deer comes along."???

I'm not following what you mean.

As for vane wear, the first arrows I shot out of it had cheap thin vanes and they warped and tore. Nothing a good vane won't take care of. Last year I switched to Goldtips and the vanes on there stand up great. Not one wave or worn out mark. The only thing that messup up those vanes was the rib of my last buck
Old 06-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hear they work way better with blazers though, is this where i faulted?

Quick Reply: Are you FOR or AGAINST Whisker Biscuits?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.