Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what are you looking for? >

what are you looking for?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what are you looking for?

Old 05-31-2008, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Looks Good To Me............

ORIGINAL: RidgeFACTOR

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

ORIGINAL: RidgeFACTOR

Come November you can take the Topo's and roll them up and pitch them, the bucks aren't worried about "funnels", "easiest access to point -A to point-B", they aren't concerned about "ridge tops", "hollows", "high or low flats", they have ONE thing on their mind and that's DOE BOOTIE............
very true, but guess who normally is worried about funnels? THE DOES
Mkaes sense, I'll give you that one......but it's a whole new "ballgame" come the rut.
http://www.sportsmans-link.com/tr_hunting_the_whitetail_rut.htm
not where i hunt
Old 05-31-2008, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

T.R. Michels... are you kidding me. That guy would cut off his nose to spite his face. Please find a better source of info than him.

He's like the Carlos Mencia of the deer hunting authors world. He steals everyone else's work and trys to make something of it.. and usually he fails miserablly.
Regardless of who he is or what he writes, it is the "truth" and makes sense doesn't it?
Old 05-31-2008, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of the easiest ways to find a whitetail buck during the rut is to find the does. If the deer population is healthy and close to balanced the bucks will find the does during the rut. If you know where the prime food sources are, then you will know where to find the does. Once you find the does you should be able to find their home ranges. Once you find the doe home range you should be able to find a buck's rub route, rubs and scrapes. And once you find the rub route it is a matter of time and effort before you find the buck.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

very good post ridge!
Old 05-31-2008, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Once you find the doe home range you should be able to find a buck's rub route, rubs and scrapes. And once you find the rub route it is a matter of time and effort before you find the buck.
C'mon... how many have ever found a distinct rub route which lead directly to the bucks "home".

Give me a break. The guy, along with many other writers, base there observations on past writers and simply speculate. Often times they are extremely wrong in their assumptions.

I'm not saying don't hunt the does.. thats a time honored and great way to hunt during the rut.. but the rest of Michels article is mostly garbage built on older theories.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

When he's with a doe, he goes were she goes. When he starts looking for another doe, he travelsfrom (A) to (B) using the lest amount of energy, and covering the mosttrails leading to and from doe feeding/bedding, that he can.During the day he sticks to the thick stuff as much as possible, at night he don't care, I seen a 150 classrun across WAL-MART parking lot two years ago.