Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 who uses those spitfire mech. broadheads? >

who uses those spitfire mech. broadheads?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who uses those spitfire mech. broadheads?

Old 02-26-2003, 09:27 AM

Default who uses those spitfire mech. broadheads?

i was going to try a new broadhead and i was wondering how those spitfires work. if anybody has any luck with them or if there was something that you didn' t like about them plez let me know -- do they fly true like the field points?
Old 02-26-2003, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: who uses those spitfire mech. broadheads?

I' ve used then with 100% sucess rate. Killed 5 deer with as many shots with htem. Blood trails are unbelievable. Seem to fly good to me. I shoot ACC 3-60' s with 4" feathers and right helical.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:07 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-26-2003, 11:51 AM

My experience hasn' t been as good as thoose mentioned above with the spitfire. I think the new Scorpion that NAP just came out with is a big improvement. I also think the NAP Shockwave is a better head. Of course this is my experience, I always say buy a couple of packs of various heads, shoot them, and then make up your mind.

My biggest problem was penetration which seemed to be a byproduct of their blade retention system. I know 5 Shot has done tests on them and found similar results. I will say this, the quality of the product is A+ as most things NAP puts out are. I do know a lot of people who swear by them so that is a very positive thing. I do think the Scorpion looks like a winner and I would look at it first out of the NAP mechanicals.

Old 02-26-2003, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the looks of the new Scorpion as well, but I can' t find any info on them. Any ideas?
Old 02-26-2003, 01:15 PM

I havew heard great things about all the NAP broadheads as well. I posted something on the best blood trail and with out a doubt the spitfires won by far so it won' t be a tough decision of what broadhead to shoot next year.
Old 02-26-2003, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

I have used them for 3 years now and have had excellent results with them. They do fly just like my fieldpoints and the bloodtrails are unbelieveable.
Old 02-26-2003, 05:09 PM

Excellent broadheads!!! They' re about thirty bucks for three and well worth it. They have an inch and a half cutting diameter and are strong and sharp. And yes, they do fly like field points!
Old 02-26-2003, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

100% success rate with the spitfires![:-]
Old 02-26-2003, 06:30 PM

10 kills with the Spitfires. 8 of the 10 fell within sight. The other two left a very good blood trail. Easy to follow in the dark with not a very good flashlight.
They fly exactly like my field points.

Quick Reply: who uses those spitfire mech. broadheads?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.