Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 woulda shoulda coulda been a dandy ! >

woulda shoulda coulda been a dandy !

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

woulda shoulda coulda been a dandy !

Old 05-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: woulda shoulda coulda been a dandy !

Damn dude - that's a real nice looking deer. Ouch.

Hell of a find though.

I can't believe you still have snow. That's just nuts. I got a sunburn on Monday.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Damn dude - that's a real nice looking deer. Ouch.

Hell of a find though.

I can't believe you still have snow. That's just nuts. I got a sunburn on Monday.
yup fran.. 8 inches of freshly grown grass in the valleys and lower elevations.. 5 feet of snow last weekend in mountain pass where I tried to get into my bear hunting area..

the peaks around my place are starting to melt off pretty good though now.. my buddy that owns st.maries saw and cycle was snowmobiling last weekend! I am crossing my fingers to get into my bear spot sat! its all about elevation here.. I've been hiking the norths after school and still getting into some drifts in the draws, and getting up to snow line about 4500-5000 feet and up
Old 05-29-2008, 11:08 AM

ORIGINAL: shed33

ORIGINAL: _Dan

plus we have a lot of wolves now, so many Idaho just opened up our first wolf season this fall.
It was probably a winter kill.....heavy snow killed this bad boy after he was worn down from the rut.

As far as the wolves....you definately know when you have a wolf kill. You will only find a bunch of hair and maybe a couple leg bones. If you do find the skull from a wolf kill, the nose will be chewed off.
Good info Dan, the bull elk I found had his nose even the bone (skull) chewed off around his nose area! and his bones were flat out scattered andmany I couldnt find.. oh hisbackbone was trashed too? literally torn into chunks..??? this sound like a wolf kill
Most definately sounds like a wolf kill. They always chew the cartalige (sp) off the nose and some of the skull itself. If you ever see wolf crap, it will most likely be full of hair and bone fragments. Its amazing how powerful their jaws are.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not much more to say. He's a bruiser, aint no shoulda coulda etc...he is but I can imagine his future potential.

It's still a great find in a way. Troy, are you going to utilize him in some way?
Old 05-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rob yeah, I will get all these skulls bugged (beatles/maggots what ever shows up)they are all laying out under my camper in black plastic bags, I am letting th flys get to them now with the heat..and then once the insects do their work I willget them cleanedup.. Stuff like this makes good gifts and or decor.. I have given a lot of nice sheds and winter kills away in the past.. probably will with these too, gifts to my landowners or friends that let me hunt etc... I do have one awesome winter kill I have hung onto.. I am gonna get it mounted someday.. I dont think I have ever posted it here.. but its a wicked nt.. with a 6x6 main frame call me parinoid, but I go both ways here.. on posting pix.. sometimes I wonder if I am gonna come home someday and have my house broke into! Dee and I really need to invest in a good alarm system.. we've made it a priority forthis summer.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dam nice buck Shed, to bad they are not still running around.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

That skull would look great asa hood ornament on your Kia.

Just saying. [8D]
Old 05-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just saying. [8D]

Oh man I couldnt do that.. it would blow my cover on my sercret scoutmobile! LOL
Old 05-29-2008, 03:09 PM

Just saying. [8D]

Oh man I couldnt do that.. it would blow my cover on my sercret scoutmobile! LOL

Kia??? Forget it dude, I'm not calling you tonight now. [8D]
Old 05-29-2008, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: _Dan

Just saying. [8D]

Kia??? Forget it dude, I'm not calling you tonight now. [8D]
Come on Dan, I got it pimped out.. sweet kenwood stereo, toyo tires.. american racing wheels..heck my boys even think it has a turbo!.. My poor wife hated that thing when I first bought it.. until she saw the difference in our fuel bill!

Quick Reply: woulda shoulda coulda been a dandy !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.