Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The adventures of taxi hunting >

The adventures of taxi hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The adventures of taxi hunting

Old 05-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default The adventures of taxi hunting

Lately i have been shopping for a Taxi for my Misouri archery bird that i took withHeartland bowhunter, since my deer taxi now only does Deer [&o]Man it can be a circus trying to find just the right one that you have a good feeling with and has good credentials. after looking at several and getting frustrated with them for lack of communication on there part and the attitude of not wanting to duscuss in detail what i want done, i finally chose one after several people telling me about him. The others reaped quanity and not quality in my opinion. The one i choose dosent even advertise for fear of takeing on to much and sacraficing quality for quanity. He haswon three Indiana state competitions for his turkey mounts and told me in detail some of his secrets that others dont do His bases were charged extra and i expressed how i would like to make my own habitat and base. He explained in detail how to do this I think i clicked with him and he earned my trust. We will see as its supposed to be done by this fall. Ill let you know how it turnes out when its finished,by the way im going with a strut gobble pose on a habitat base with an engraved heartland bowhunter rock embebed in the habitat base just ranting !!
Old 05-28-2008, 11:51 AM

Default RE: The adventures of taxi hunting

lol
Old 05-28-2008, 12:24 PM
Typical Buck

Finding a good taxi takes a lot of shopping aroundIMO.I had a nice buck mounted by a guy who was refered to me by a friend and for some reason I can't remember the friends name.After I gave him all the measurments the mount came back half thesize it was suppose to be.[:@]The mount spent 4 years in the garage until I tore it a part and gave the form away.BTW whats the bird mount going to run you?I spent 625.00 last year on mine and like the way it turned out.(full strutt) Good luck with the taxi sounds like you got a good one.

P.S.Sorry for the hijack.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's good that you found a guy you like. Trusting someone to capture a cherished memory is a big deal and you only get one chance to do it so it's important to find the right guy. I was lucky in that the guy I found to do my bird was the first I called. We clicked right away and now everytime we talk it's always a 2 hour conversation about hunting. I may even film for him this fall. LOL

The fact that your guy is willing to share his secrets and help you with doing your own base says a lot. It's hard to find a guy like that so you're lucky to have him.

I can't wait to see his work this fall.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys, recurver $500 he has his own freeze dryerfor the heads.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah thisguy sends them out and they don't come back until Dec.His wife does most of the birds and he does the deer.He admits she's better with the birds.She won 1st place in the amateur class when she started out.They both do great work.I swapped a cape to save me some money on my bird also.I'm still waiting to shoot another buck with the blonde forehead.[]
Old 05-28-2008, 01:57 PM

Well hopefully your persistence in finding just the right guy will work out for you and good luck with building your own base.