Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Walking with an arrow? >

Walking with an arrow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Walking with an arrow?

Old 05-31-2008, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Walking with an arrow?

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

ORIGINAL: nodog

ORIGINAL: stabnslab_WI

Alright mighty hunters, how many of you walk to your stands in the dark with an arrow in hand. I don't know about you guys and gals but I do. I have had everything from yotes, possums, raccoons even people walking up to me in the dark. See I watch to many scary movies and it just so happens the area I live in, well I'll just say there is a lot of weirdo's around. Even in the stand, if its getting dark out and there is deer in the field, I'm getting my A$$ down out of that stand and getting to my truck.
Ya, these animals are real scary
In some situations they would be more than that. Ever trap a coon? If you have the next time you do stick a pencil init's a$$. Before you can blink an eye it will turn completely around and snap the thing in half, while in the cage. Simply put, you aint fast enough.

Yotes are wild dogs, nuff sad there.

Opossums, I'll give ya that one, still I wouldn't want to be bit by one.
I guess there's "real" men then there's those who insert objects in trapped animals' anal cavities. It's not a wonder your name is nodog.
I thought the same thing Magic.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:49 PM
Spike

i hunt the north woods of wi and after coming across fresh wolf droppings that weren't there on the way in but were there on the way out i now carry a 40. at all times in the woods even preseason scouting it's on i've seen pictures of what a pack of wolves can do to dogs in seconds and i know if a dog that is trained to track bear doesn't have a chance i will stick with bulletsas far as carrying a arrow you must be waiting for close hand to hand combat
Old 05-31-2008, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: twofinger

concealed wp .45
Not legal in many states.... I cannot have a pistol on me while bowhunting, concealed permit or not.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Alright mighty hunters, how many of you walk to your stands in the dark with an arrow in hand. I don't know about you guys and gals but I do. I have had everything from yotes, possums, raccoons even people walking up to me in the dark. See I watch to many scary movies and it just so happens the area I live in, well I'll just say there is a lot of weirdo's around. Even in the stand, if its getting dark out and there is deer in the field, I'm getting my A$$ down out of that stand and getting to my truck.
In some situations they would be more than that. Ever trap a coon? If you have the next time you do stick a pencil init's a$$. Before you can blink an eye it will turn completely around and snap the thing in half, while in the cage. Simply put, you aint fast enough.

I guess there's "real" men then there's those who insert objects in trapped animals' anal cavities. It's not a wonder your name is nodog.
The point was made to prove their quickness and never mentioned cavities, you took the sick leap.

My screen name; It's the definition of a real man. He's one that isn't led around by the leash in his pants. A man in control of himself.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I thought the same thing Magic.
Sick minds think a like.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

A 4 C cell maglite is a pretty good weapon.It can be used to crush the skull of an angry, charging raccoon with one blow. Trust me on this. [&:]
[8D]
Old 05-31-2008, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

The point was made to prove their quickness and never mentioned cavities, you took the sick leap.

My screen name; It's the definition of a real man. He's one that isn't led around by the leash in his pants. A man in control of himself.
Ok Nodog, I will be sure to avoid poking coons in the butt.
If I carry an arrow for protection where should I poke them?

Earlier you said that this post is a good place for real men to pound their chests. Then you say your screen name is "the definition of a real man"?

I just wonder why you choose to attack me just because i'm not afraid of furry little animals or the dark.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have heard those lions roaring while duckhunting and let me tell you guys, he has every right to be a little Sally pants. I don't carry the arrow, I have it knocked ready for anything, Like the wolf I had 10 yards last season eye to eye. I had a little sally moment that night as well.

And StabnSlab your in my Clique buddy!
Old 06-01-2008, 06:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ok Nodog, I will be sure to avoid poking coons in the butt.
If I carry an arrow for protection where should I poke them?

Earlier you said that this post is a good place for real men to pound their chests. Then you say your screen name is "the definition of a real man"?

I just wonder why you choose to attack me just because i'm not afraid of furry little animals or the dark.

It wasn't you per say. There's just something that's sets me off when I'm around people who like to make fun of others fears. Aint my definition of a real man and if I was speaking to you I'd of put it in my replie to you, it was seperate. It wasn't because of what you said anyways.

For the record, not that I fell the need buttttt it will give others a laugh, the only thing I've poked into a cage is the muzzel end of a gun. The poking of the coon was done by animal control to show my father inlaw how dangerous a coon could be, after they trapped one in his house.

Ok Magicman, were glad your not afraid of fury little animals.

Did ya know many coons carry a flesh eating mite and alot of them have rabbies. I personally never touch one with my bare hands.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MarquetteMagnum

I have heard those lions roaring while duckhunting and let me tell you guys, he has every right to be a little Sally pants. I don't carry the arrow, I have it knocked ready for anything, Like the wolf I had 10 yards last season eye to eye. I had a little sally moment that night as well.

And StabnSlab your in my Clique buddy!
They do make a rachet. The way wolves breed and from the history I've read, one arrow aint going to be enough.

Sally? Must be Nancy's sister.