Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 05-25-2008, 12:26 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-25-2008, 01:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Briefly describe your first buck...

first deer, 5th grade, .243 kill
central missouri
we actually saw him the weekend before from the same stand, hes a 3 pointer
the start of an addiction for me

Old 05-25-2008, 01:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

boy i was a little guy then[&:]
Old 05-25-2008, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Damn DT, you're quite the night owl.Anyway, my first deer was a 6pt Bradford Co. Pabuck that I killed on Dec 1st (opening day)1975 with my Remington760pump. I remember that morming as if it were yesterday! It had snowed about 6" the night before, which it often did backthen! It doesn't anymore.[&o]It was just a classic story book opening day. I sat from first light until about 9:00AM.
At this point I was cold, and hadn't seen anything. I decided to move a little bit to warm up and hunt a new area. While slowlywalking to a brushy area where I was going to sit, I heard a very close gun shot, kind of startled me! So I get down in the brushand I see a deer coming my way, and it's a buck!!Apparently that other hunter had missedhim.
I layed down and watched this buck come towards me, he stops and looks at me. I said "Jeff, this is your chance"! I aimed at him and pulled the trigger. The gun just clicked!!! Ihadn't closed the pump actionall the way whenI loaded it! The buck just stood there and let me eject that shell and chamber another. I aimed and shot again. It went off this time and the buck dropped. I had just killed my first deer, a 6pt buck. I will NEVER forget that moment in my life as long as I live! I got him mounted, and still have him to this day, although a bit weathered.I love this stuff!
Here's a scan of him, hopefully. That's the rifle and my first bow!

Old 05-25-2008, 06:38 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-25-2008, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Damn DT, you're quite the night owl.
Bad news and hard times....havnt been sleeping...Through my sleep schedule off...
DT, I know what you mean. I'm in a similar boat.That's why I'm spending soooo much time on here! Read my post#23 on the ("dream hunts") thread.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:45 AM
Site Buck Guru

6 pointer.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:49 AM
Bartender

Story and that great pic please Gregh'errrr!
Old 05-25-2008, 06:52 AM
Site Buck Guru

He said Brief! [8D]

Dec. 7, 1968

Old 05-25-2008, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

My first was back in 2000, I took a little 4 point non typical out of the Mark Twain National Forrest near West Plains Missouri with a 30-06. THat was the last deer I shot with a rifle and the only one. My best firned actually shot at it with a semi auto 30-06 and missed, the deer ran 500 yards and then started running toward my stand. I shot him at 130 yards and split the first half of his rib cage, the shot flipped him. WHen I was dressing him I noticed that he had a split ear with a bullet hole in it, we aren't sure but we think my buddy shot the ear.

My first with a bow was a small Kane County Illinois 8 pointer if you don't cound the button buck I shot right after the deer above. The 8 pointer was taken along a field edge in November 2001 where my Dad, Grandpa and great Grandpa used to hunt Deer, Rabbit, Squirrel and Coons. That bad boy ran into a mock scrape I made after hearing "The Can". He got double lunged and ran right back to where I was and died at the base of the tree next to me. I'll have to find pictures of these two "Mini Monsters" or go down in the basement and dig the racks out.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.